philryuh

Board Game Atlas Giveaway (Winner on December 16, 2019)

BGA
Here's the info for the next round of giveaway!

Starts: Monday, December 02
Ends: Monday, December 16

You will get +1 entry every time you complete any of these actions to contribute to our community:
  • Make a post on our forum or write an article
  • Comment or reply on posts/articles
  • Create a topic
  • Refer a friend using this link: https://www.boardgameatlas.com/signup?referral (send this link to your friends and have them input your username under the referral section)
Each contribution is 1 additional entry and there's no limit to your contributions.

You can see the full rules here.

Here are the top 3 contributors from the duration of the most recent giveaway:
  • Marshwiggle92 - 466 entries (25%)
  • Skurvy5 - 358 entries (19%)
  • BenjaminK - 302 entries (16%)
Thanks everyone for continuing to make this community a great one! And as always, which game will you be getting if you won?

5 points by philryuh - updated 2 days ago | 27 comments | report | subscribe

HooperGirl 2 days ago | 1 point[-]

Stone Age.  Still on my wish list!!  :-)

Skippan 6 days ago | 1 point[-]

I'd buy something like Ice Cool, or Century: Golem Edition
:D

rancidmike Supporter8 days ago | 1 point[-]

I’d probably go for Power Grid or Spirit Island. I’ve been diving into economic games, but have also been hankering for some solid coops.

NAGfactor Supporter8 days ago | 1 point[-]

I think I would have to go with Terraforming Mars. That one has been on the radar for a while but I have currently been stocking up on more family friendly games which has kept it just out of my reach.

theDL 9 days ago | 1 point[-]

Well I'll have to see how Christmas turns out, as I put a couple games on my list. But if I haven't received it and do end up winning this, then probably the Pearlbrook expansion for Everdell!

xldh 9 days ago | 1 point[-]

Seeing as how I already have too many unplayed games, I would go for expansions to games that I already love and play on at least a semi-regular basis. Just don't ask me to pick which expansions until I actually win.

Skurvy5 Supporter9 days ago | 1 point[-]

I’m up for being the first triple winner! I had a very hard time picking my game from the last contest. Although right now I know exactly what I’d pick if I won today. I would go with A Feast For Odin: The Norwegians Expansion and Tiny Epic Galaxies

BenjaminK 9 days ago | 1 point[-]

Go for the hat trick!

JamesReid860 3 days ago | 1 point[-]

I’m always so confident now but will agonize over it when the decision time comes lol. Possibly Everdell or I’ll decide to get Root finally ... who knows 

Skyw3rd 9 days ago | 1 point[-]

I for one am looking forward to helping someone else make a decision about what game they're going to get when they win.

We’d be very glad to help whoever wins!

walterbd 9 days ago | 1 point[-]

What are your top suggestions? (doubt I'll win but I'm curious)

Aside from scythe, I haven't played ANY of these! haha I'll look them up :D

I'm amazed you guys can keep up all the giveaways! Not sure what I'd want... probably a nice christmas present to play with my GF! :D Whats the best 2 player board game out there?

You know what? My brain is always in flux, so I may have to wait until I (or someone else) wins before I can make that decision haha I've been thinking on Spirit Island, or some less expensive games to play with the kids, such as Ice Cool.

I've never played Spirit Island. I haven't even heard what it's about just that "it's good." 

I've done some digging, and it looks super neat. I think I'm mostly interested in it from a solo perspective, but that it plays more is a plus. 

Marshwiggle92 Supporter9 days ago | 1 point[-]

@philryuh It looks like there is no link for the rules. In other words, the "here" is not clickable. 

philryuh Supporter9 days ago | 1 point[-]

Ahh yes, the link needs to be updated from the previous giveaway's. Thanks for the heads up!

No problem. 

I imagine I'll either go for:

Spirit Island

Robinson Crusoe Adventures on the Cursed Island

Wingspan

Or Everdell. We will see. 

Great choices!

philryuh Supporter9 days ago | 1 point[-]

I'm looking forward to hearing @Skurvy5's experience with Spirit Island--he should be receiving it this Friday at the earliest :)

Sweet, that seems like a great choice! I think a number of us are interested in that one, so I'm excited to hear his thoughts!

I didn't know he chose that. How cool. I am also curious what he will think of it. 

I am also curious to see what he thinks of it!