This site prioritizes game information. Would you like to keep that way or would you want to priortize game prices? Prioritize PricesPrioritize Information

(Change this option in the future in the Account dropdown)

All The Best Board Games of 2020 Lists Overall Findings

Hello All,

We pulled together all the best board games of 2020 lists, assigned a point value based on mentions and positions, and then pulled together an overall list of the top ten based on what everyone said. It came out as the below. Thoughts?

All The Best Board Games of 2020 Lists

1. Lost Ruins of Arnak
2. Dune: Imperium
3. Viscounts of the West Kingdom
4. The Crew: The Quest for Planet Nine
5. The Search for Planet X
6. Tekhenu: Obelisk of the Sun
7. Dwellings of Eldervale
8. Whistle Mountain
9. Pandemic Legacy: Season 0
10. Oceans

Christmas LikeLikeVictory Point| 10 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Partner4 days ago

Wow, shows how surprisingly strong 2020 turned out to be.  We posted our top 12 here:

https://boardgamegumbo.wordpress.com/2020/12/29/board-game-gumbo-way-too-early-top-games-of-2020-part-one/

https://boardgamegumbo.wordpress.com/2020/12/30/board-game-gumbo-way-too-early-top-games-of-2020-part-two/

We definitely had some crossovers: 

Oceans, The Crew, Viscounts & Lost Ruins all made our list. 

Had we played Dune: Imperium last year, it would definitely have made it up there. 

Thanks for compiling and sharing the interesting list! 

BJ

3 days ago

Love to see some love for Oceans! That one feels like it went under the radar for a lot of people, but I think it's so good.

Partner3 days ago

Agreed!  It is absolutely gorgeous and those Deep cards jack up the player experience to 10. Every game we have played has been completely different -- my two sons are away right now but when they are back, I want to get some more Oceans to the table

3 days ago

I'd love to get a 3 or 4 player game in some time soon. It's been probably a couple of months since I played. I'm sure my wife would be down to play it with me, but I like it better with 3 or 4

2 days ago

nice, good looking list!

Partner2 days ago

Dwellings of Eldervale was my #1 of the year. Such a great game!

3 days ago

This is awesome! I skimmed through it but will have to give it a proper look through some time after work!

Premium User7 days ago

Always interesting to see these amalgamations!

I've played 3, 4, & 6 and they are definitely worthy of top 10 of 2020.  Looks like I have a lot more to check out!

6 days ago

1 and 2 are very good but both beaten by beyond the sun. That game has been sadly neglected. 

3 days ago

Really? I feel like I've seen that one on a ton of top of the year lists

Linked Games
Tekhenu: Obelisk of the Sun
Dune: Imperium
Viscounts of the West Kingdom
The Search for Planet X
Pandemic Legacy: Season 0
Whistle Mountain
Lost Ruins of Arnak
Oceans
The Crew: The Quest for Planet Nine