This site prioritizes game information. Would you like to keep that way or would you want to priortize game prices? Prioritize PricesPrioritize Information

(Change this option in the future in the Account dropdown)

What did you play this week? (12/7/2020)

(12/7/2020) This is an automated weekly post to talk about the games you played last week.

Christmas LoveLoveLike| 290 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter49 days ago

I got one measly game played last week.... And considering that earlier this week I made it clear that I don't really enjoy co-ops..... It is a bit of an ironic choice.

My 4 year old wanted to play a game with me, so I pulled out #Forbidden Island. This does remain a solid little co-op, and I genuinely find pleasant when I play it. It is also a perfect sort of game to allow my son to "play" with me.

43 days ago

Feel like there's some karma going on here 🤣

Supporter43 days ago

Yippers, that is very much the way it was.

Premium User48 days ago

Hey for a measly game you couldn't have had some better company!

Supporter48 days ago

Pretty close..... The only better option, only slightly better, would have been my wife.

Premium User48 days ago

Do you ever play games with the both of them? Now THAT would be some great company 

Supporter48 days ago

I have, but it's usually the sort of game I don't log.... I'm taking games like Go Fish Spot It. 

Premium User48 days ago

I bet you don't log it because your son beats you all the time and you don't wanna look like a chump 😜

That's so awesome though!

Supporter47 days ago

If that is the narrative you like we'll go with it..Lol

Premium User47 days ago

You're not denying it! :P

Supporter47 days ago

I would deny it if I could.... I stink at spot it. I can easily beat him at Go Fish

49 days ago

Ah that's great! Did he have a good time? Do you have a little gamer on your hands?

Supporter48 days ago

He thinks so....LOL

48 days ago

Well that's good! Hopefully in a few years you'll have a willing and worthy opponent!

Supporter48 days ago

I got my fingers crossed.

49 days ago

The real win was father-son time, so that's something!  Yeah, I didn't get much game time in last week either...looking forward to the Christmas break.

48 days ago

In person:

Played some #Mysterium and #Tokaido , had great fun with them. 

On BGArena:

Tried my hand at playing #Innovation . Took a game to really understand the routes to winning but enjoyed the next few games.  Also some #Coloretto

43 days ago

Tokaido seems like a game I'd rather own and play than give a go online. The game itself is visually great but the gameplay seems to be lacking in some departments.

48 days ago

#Innovation is such a great game. It's all about finding an unfair advantage and beating your opponents to death with it - because they're about to find an even more unfair advantage. :)

Carl Chudyk makes some great stuff... Check out #Impulse - it can be found cheap and plays with a bigger crowd.

48 days ago

Thanks, i'll check it out. I do find that I quite enjoy demanding all kinds of ish from my opponents :D

Premium User48 days ago

Glad to hear that re Innovation. I asked for it for Christmas after a less than great first game of it on BGA. I won but had no idea how or why that happened haha. Really find myself wanting to try out Mysterium too.

Which of these 4 you've played this week is your favorite?

48 days ago

I feel you. I had stockpiled every point known to man in my first game, only to figure out I hadn't been achieving NADA haha. Gotten a lot better since that showing. 

Mysterium is so fun! Was our first games with the physical version, so I gotta get used to the setup to get it going quicker but not a big deal. Also, while we had fun at 3, I assume it's even better at higher player counts. 

They're all pretty different and enjoyed all in their own right. Maybe the first two tho since I got to play in the flesh haha. Really nothing I won't play tho. 

Premium User48 days ago

Yeah I'm hoping the physical version will go better for me. Just from the standpoint of actually understanding what I'm doing lol. It seems like a game I should like though.

I wasn't even aware you could play Mysterium with 3. I agree it doesn't sound like the most optimal player count and would be something that gets better with more people. My only hang up on games like this is we already have#Similo which is the same kind of premise so I don't want to be too redundant in my purchases.

In person gaming definitely over digital hahaha. Glad you liked them all

48 days ago

This was a lighter week in terms of weight of games, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself still!

• #PARKS Solo mode: First time playing this solo and it was fun! Not much of a challenge but if you have the itch play a game this does the trick. Very easy to run. 
  • #Welcome to... Solo Mode: I have gotten very efficient with this, I can play in maybe 10-15 minutes per round and it is great! Another great way to scratch an itch quickly.
  • #Star Realms @ 2-players: LOVE this game. It is very snappy, and very satisfying. I love the feeling you get having a really great turn!
  • #Realm of Sand @ 2-players: This one is a little odd for me, first time playing it and right out the gate it seems like the player powers are not balanced and the game is a little clunky on a couple things. I would probably choose something like #Patchwork or #Kingdomino over this more often than not. 
  • #The Castles of Burgundy @ 2-players: I just love this game. I love the snappy turns, I love the combos and the depth of strategy. It is just so great despite the ugliness lol. 
  • #Carcassonne with #Carcassonne: Expansion 3 - The Princess & the Dragon @ 5-players: This was a brutal game, the dragon ate many meeples and my wife showed too much mercy on new players...it is always fun though!