This site prioritizes game information. Would you like to keep that way or would you want to priortize game prices? Prioritize PricesPrioritize Information

(Change this option in the future in the Account dropdown)

Hoplomachus: Victorum - Coming 2021 from Chip Theory Games

Owner

Hoplomachus from Chip Theory Games gives you the experience of battling as a gladiator. It's been hailed as one of the top solo experiences out there despite dropping down to #55 on 1 Player Guild's Top 200 Solo Games for 2020 (as opposed to #28 in 2019). And a while back, CTG announced they will be remasering this edition while also bringing new content.

And while there's very limited info, I'm curious:

Like| 15 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

2 months ago

I think at this point this interests me more than #Burncycle for some reason that game has not really jumped out to me...

Premium User2 months ago

As my solo play has been on the rise recently I would be interested in checking this out more. But honestly with the price tag of ChIp Theory Games, I probably wouldn't pick it up

2 months ago

wonder if they'll end up doing something like this for too many bones at some point

2 months ago

Haven't played any of these but I really want to, even though I'm usually not interested in solo games

2 months ago

I've had half an eye on Hoplomachus for a while, but I get so much mileage out of #Too Many Bones it's hard to see the point.

2 months ago

Aren't those two completely different games?

2 months ago

Gameplay wise, yeah. I just feel that one chip theory game involving stacks of chips battle on a battle mat is enough for me.

2 months ago

oh makes sense, I guess

Supporter2 months ago

Is there a reason you didn't mention #Hoplomachus: Rise of Rome? That is possibly the one I'm most interested in. 

Owner58 days ago

No reason, I just forgot haha

Supporter2 months ago

I'm really excited to see the new art for Hoplo. I read the original was the first ctg game, even the art was free use pictures from the internet lol. Lots of lessons learned from back then. The theme of the game is very appealing to me, the dated look of the original put me off a little bit though.

what are your thougths on this one?

2 months ago

I have not played this but I have recently watched a playthrough from Ricky Royal on this and it looks interesting. I think I question the longevity of this...not many factions or bosses you are fighting but the premise and the gameplay is interesting for sure. Seems like an early development of TMB with a bigger map!

Supporter2 months ago

I have moderate to high interest in this Game. I had an opportunity at one point to snag a Hoplomachus Game but I didn't pull the trigger and now I regret that I didn't. 

2 months ago

oh no, nothing is more regretful than that! board game is life

Supporter2 months ago

I have not played either one.

I have slight to moderate degree of interest in Hoplo victorium.

I have, at various times considered one of the Hoplo games. I think I might at some point. I don't know which, if any, I am most interested in. Personally, I am not really interested in the theme, but solo gamers I admire love it. In fact, Ricky Royal has Hoplo as his #1 game. Liz Davidson ranks it super high.

Linked Games
Hoplomachus: Victorum
Hoplomachus: Origins
Hoplomachus: The Lost Cities
Linked Topic