This is the list of games that my wife suggests most often to play on game night. The games are ranked with 10 being most happy to play and 1 is the game I most have to endure in order to get my games on the table.
What are some of the worst games your partner/family/gaming group loves that you endure so you can play what you want?
10) WIngspan - Thank you, Jamey Stegmaier. Wingspan is probably the only game on this list that I am perfectly happy to play when the wife suggests it. It does have a fair amount of luck, but I feel with a good engine strategy during gameplay, you can mitigate a lot of it.
9) The Crew - I do like this game a lot. My wife LOVES it. I am more of a euro gamer who enjoys digging deep into strategies. Of everything on this list, this is the one card game (unless you count Wingspan as a card game) I will play most often when asked.
8) Catan - this is the game that started our family as hobby board gamers and it has a special place on our shelves. I am always happy when my wife suggests this over some of the games below it.
7) Survive: Escape from Atlantis - I enjoy this game as a one-off filler game. I will play it on occasion, but I don't want it to be in our regular family game night rotation.
6) Ganz Schonn Clever - okay, here is a dice game where luck is a big factor. However, I feel that the score pad allows for really minimizing that luck. Sure you can have a planned destroyed by a few dice rolls, but in this game, it feels more like a push your luck element.
5) Love Letter - I enjoy this game in moderation. It can be great as a filler, but when it is someone's go-to game, it can get old quickly. There are so many other hidden role games I enjoy more.
4) Sparkle Kitty - luck, luck, and more luck! Sparkle Kitty is one of those games where luck plays a significant factor, and there is not a lot of ways to mitigate it.
3) Yam Slam - Can anyone say dolled up Yatzhee?!
2) Phase 10 - This game can go on FOREVER... To me, this is nothing more than an advanced version of rummy. If I am going to play this, I must need brownie points for getting a Euro on the table.
1) Pass the Pigs - There are no redeeming qualities about this game, in my opinion. It can be funny how the pigs land when you roll them, I have no idea why she loves it so much