Throughout November and December, @trentellingsen and I are putting all of our effort toward fully integrating Board Game Prices with Board Game Atlas! (For those who aren't aware, we launched BGA in 2019 and acquired BGP in late 2019). To celebrate, we're giving away lots of games until the end of 2020.
But first, here's a progress update:
- We're now at a point where 20% of BGP users visiting a game page are redirected to BGA's. We're closely monitoring any changes and will be ramping it up to 100% in about a week or two if there are no issues
- Trent has been working on price reliability and better ways to sort between new and used products
- We will be revamping the Discover page to make it look more fun and inviting. For example, if we're highlighting Leder Games' games, imagine seeing large banner images in the style of Netflix' top promoted movies (at least, that's how cool I'd like it to look, but it may look more like Facebook banners in practice)
We're returning back to our gift card giveaways this week! I'm actually considering continuing this format for our forum giveaways, while hosting the out of print game giveaways on our social media. I think gift cards are more practical and valuable for everyone here, while the out of print games will serve as great publicity to attract new users (I have copies of #Glory To Rome and #Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game coming this week)
- Prize: $200 gift card from a store of your choice
- Number of winners: 3
- Starts: Monday, November 30
- Ends: Sunday, December 13
How to Enter:
You will get +1 entry every time you complete any of these actions to contribute to our community:
- Make a post on our forum or write an article
- Comment or reply on posts/articles
- Add/edit info on a game page
Each contribution is 1 additional entry and there's no limit to your contributions. Please bear in mind that if we see a pattern of spammy behavior, then those entries could potentially be removed.
Have fun with the giveaway and interacting with everyone here! Once this is over we'll have 1 or 2 giveaways left and I might have something BIG in store for you all (hopefully) :)
Lastly, I have several questions!
- I mentioned earlier that we'll be revamping the Discover page. Currently, it's a page where we highlight a list of games by a specific designer, publisher, a content creator's Top 10 lists, or list of games we want to recommend for holiday seaons. The main goals are (1) be fun to look at and (2) introduce you to games or the people behind the games you might not have known otherwise. So... What's your idea of the perfect Discover page? What would it look like? What sort of features would you want? Are there any common problems among board gamers that this page should try to solve?
- Since question #1 is a loaded one, let's make this simple. What's your favorite game at the moment at why?