This site prioritizes game information. Would you like to keep that way or would you want to priortize game prices? Prioritize PricesPrioritize Information

(Change this option in the future in the Account dropdown)

$200 Gift Card Giveaway for 3 Winners!

Owner

Throughout November and December, and I are putting all of our effort toward fully integrating Board Game Prices with Board Game Atlas! (For those who aren't aware, we launched BGA in 2019 and acquired BGP in late 2019). To celebrate, we're giving away lots of games until the end of 2020.

But first, here's a progress update:

• We're now at a point where 20% of BGP users visiting a game page are redirected to BGA's. We're closely monitoring any changes and will be ramping it up to 100% in about a week or two if there are no issues
  • Trent has been working on price reliability and better ways to sort between new and used products
  • We will be revamping the Discover page to make it look more fun and inviting. For example, if we're highlighting Leder Games' games, imagine seeing large banner images in the style of Netflix' top promoted movies (at least, that's how cool I'd like it to look, but it may look more like Facebook banners in practice)

Giveaway:

We're returning back to our gift card giveaways this week! I'm actually considering continuing this format for our forum giveaways, while hosting the out of print game giveaways on our social media. I think gift cards are more practical and valuable for everyone here, while the out of print games will serve as great publicity to attract new users (I have copies of #Glory To Rome and #Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game coming this week)

• Prize: $200 gift card from a store of your choice
  • Number of winners: 3
  • Starts: Monday, November 30
  • Ends: Sunday, December 13

How to Enter:

You will get +1 entry every time you complete any of these actions to contribute to our community:
  • Make a post on our forum or write an article
  • Comment or reply on posts/articles
  • Add/edit info on a game page
Each contribution is 1 additional entry and there's no limit to your contributions. Please bear in mind that if we see a pattern of spammy behavior, then those entries could potentially be removed.

Have fun with the giveaway and interacting with everyone here! Once this is over we'll have 1 or 2 giveaways left and I might have something BIG in store for you all (hopefully) :)

Lastly, I have several questions!
  1. I mentioned earlier that we'll be revamping the Discover page. Currently, it's a page where we highlight a list of games by a specific designer, publisher, a content creator's Top 10 lists, or list of games we want to recommend for holiday seaons. The main goals are (1) be fun to look at and (2) introduce you to games or the people behind the games you might not have known otherwise. So... What's your idea of the perfect Discover page? What would it look like? What sort of features would you want? Are there any common problems among board gamers that this page should try to solve?
  2. Since question #1 is a loaded one, let's make this simple. What's your favorite game at the moment at why?

Christmas WowLoveStarLikeFire LikeTrophy| 447 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

46 days ago

As a  bit of a newbie to the board game scene I would love a ranking system that somehow seperates the new from the old. A lot of the time to me I fid newer release games are rated higher as people are first to discover them and play them. They overtime fall victim to being exposed due to mechanics and they might falll out of favour.

My favourite game at the moment is Dune. The new version has been a lot of fun to play with our group.

Premium User46 days ago

That's actually an interesting thought and I think I see where you're coming from. Maybe a way to filter by year published or something?

46 days ago

I assumed they meant newer reviews, rather than newer games?

Owner46 days ago

I understood it as an issue surrounding "cult of the new," where some people are potentially more likely to give favorable ratings to newer, shinier games more than the older games. Not sure if I'm understanding it correctly either!

45 days ago

Yes I was thinking more along these lines

Premium User46 days ago

That describes me so very well. Just with new to me games vs real life newer, shinier games. Thinking more about this though, wouldn't ratings kind of over time balance these types of things out? Perhaps you could do it like some sites have "verified purchase" reviews. You have to play a game a set number of times before you review it haha

Owner44 days ago

Trent has mentioned something along that line before too, in terms of verifying purchase/ownership. But then you also have people who are reviewing after trying out the game on TTS so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Premium User43 days ago

Well at least for me I don't own a game I played on TTS unless it was an expansion or upgrade in some way that u had to purchase. But yeah there's no way to really filter those out I suppose. 

46 days ago

That's pretty much what I meant. I feel like you often see ratings of games when people are excited about them either before they even open the box or when they're still learning about it, that might skew the scores upwards (even more so than the fact that most people only rate stuff they're interested in anyway).

That's likely to be more of an issue when the game has only just been released, so a filter for more recent reviews might be useful for games that have been out for a few years.

Owner44 days ago

Gotcha, that makes sense! I know I have to go back and update my ratings/reviews on games too

Premium User46 days ago

Ooh well there's that too..should still be pretty easy to filter by I'd imagine.

46 days ago

Nice, I love #Dune! My group really enjoys it :)

46 days ago

1. I think it would be cool for people to make their own top 10 and then you can compile those lists into the contributors top 10s. Plus then someone go to another person's profile and see their top 10s as well as I could see what top 10s are. Maybe even have it so that a person can make their own top 10 and then make multiple 'updates' so they can look at what their top 10 is now compared to what their top 10 was a year ago. I've always wanted to be able to say this is my top 10 but have never had a reason to do that.

Additionally I'd like to see a list of solo games ad a mostly solo gamer as well as games that are sorted by time to play. It would help drive sales to something that may scratch an itch for some people.

2. Right now I'd have to say my favorite game is Marvel Champions. Took way lo ger to decide on what game to call favorite but this one is so good even though I don't play it all the time. It scales so well to solo and multiple players. I feel like the decisions you make matter but the most optimal move stands out to you where a few times you are left with which optimal move to make.

43 days ago

More lists=more fun

Supporter45 days ago

I like top ten lists. I have made a few. I am planning making another one this the end of this month or the beginning of the next month. I like doing it on annual basis. Thanks for the suggestion of adding it to my user profile. I will do that whenever I do my list.

Supporter45 days ago

I should do the same. This is a good idea because you'd be able to look back from year to year and see your growth and progress as a gamer. 

Supporter45 days ago

Exactly. 

Owner46 days ago

I love looking at other people's lists so I'd be down for something like that. Would be a cool way to encourage everyone to make fun content!

I've seen mixed reviews of #Marvel Champions: The Card Game but I think I'll like it. Are there other games you're wanting to get to solo?

Supporter45 days ago

I've pretty much seen universally positive reviews for Champions. What negative reviews were you looking at?

46 days ago

I have space alert coming in the mail tomorrow which I'm super excited about. I like the time pressure of it and the urgency. Seems like a captain sonar but solo-able. I also have xcom coming since I need to scratch that high action science fi itch. Thanks  the site. You clearly put a lot of work into it. Ate there any plans to optimize the app? Doesn't feel as efficient as the site.

Supporter45 days ago

#XCOM: The Board Game was my first hobby game! It's fun. 

Premium User46 days ago

Cool thought! I use pubmeeple.com to figure out my top 10. Not sure how something like this could be implemented unless everyone makes one. Unless of course you had games you ranked the highest just auto populate a top 10 list. But for me I don't know if my top 10 would end up being the same that way

Supporter45 days ago

Apparently your link takes me to this exact post on BGA. Was that intended? If so that's a really awesome move and I'm totally jealous that I've never done anything like that. 

Premium User45 days ago

Nope definitely not intended..maybe needs to fix something? But that's a neat idea haha I'll have to do it more often 

Supporter45 days ago

Lol. I thought it was hilarious. I use THIS website! ::Links same website we are already on::

Premium User45 days ago

Hahahaha I mean it's also not untrue so it works out nicely

Owner45 days ago

Yes, I'll take a look