Skurvy5

Online Board Game Conventions

Will anyone be attending any online conventions this year? I have a hard time seeing what the benefit would be to attend one. 

2 points by Skurvy5 - updated 32 hours ago | 7 comments | report | subscribe

BenjaminK 3 days ago | 1 point[-]

I dropped in to BGG Con yesterday and listened to Matt Leacock while I worked, but that's all I've done. Actually, I didn't even listen to his whole segment haha But he's a great guy and has great insights, so I wanted to hear at least a little bit. I may drop in to Renegade Con just to see what's going on because I love their games, but honestly, it's just not the same as actually attending one. While there is merit to the online cons, there's not enough incentive (for me) to frequent them.

Marshwiggle92 Supporter3 days ago | 1 point[-]

I have just gotten really busy this week, even though I'm in full time lockdown. I haven't even had time to game yet this week. So, I'm not doing anything with the BGG con. But, if I am less busy when other conventions happen, I might drop in. 

indigopotter Supporter3 days ago | 1 point[-]

My husband is doing one this weekend, but it's to play RPGs.

theDL 3 days ago | 1 point[-]

What goes on in an online convention? A lot of TTS games? I'm guessing some of them will have demos of upcoming games. None of that is all that exciting to me. On the other hand, it's an opportunity to "attend" a convention I wouldn't otherwise have attended, so that's kinda fun.

Marshwiggle92 Supporter3 days ago | 1 point[-]

I understand there will be "breakout sessions" of one sort or other as well. 

sdirrane Supporter3 days ago | 1 point[-]

I think if I were single and on full time quarantine I'd consider it.

If there were a BGA Con online I'd probably be into that, but I'd also need the time.

Courageous Bob 2 days ago | 1 point[-]

I am in a similar boat, not enough free time and there isn't enough of an incentive to create the time for something like this unless I spotted a particular talk I was into, then maybe