Most of the time, I just want to play a board game. Even if it means playing something that's not my favorite. But every once in a while I play a game that I don't care for to the point that I'd rather just not play a game at all.
5. #Tiny Epic Western - Now I own two TE games and others I've enjoyed so I don't want to make it sound like I don't like them (look at #4). I just felt like there wasn't a lot happening in this game. Which is too bad because I love the Wild West as a theme. I just felt like, meh, it's worker placement, but I have far superior WP games to play. I put this one at 5 because there is a slight chance that if I had no other options and everyone wanted to play this, I might play it.
4. #Tiny Epic Kingdoms - I don't know, it just didn't stick with me. It felt too simple and felt like other games could scratch the itch that have more going on.
3. #Pandemic - I just don't love Coops. I've always wanted to win, but also to beat someone else.
2. #Ticket To Ride - This is just a little too simple for me, and it doesn't offer a fun twist or moment that just makes you feel great.
1. #Catan - I know I have a bit of an irrational disdain for this game, but I've just played a few times where I couldn't get any rolls (even using the supposed common roll spots), and if you get no resources you can't play. I remember one time I went 6 rounds or something where all I did each round was roll dice on my turn because my numbers just wouldn't come up. I don't mind losing games, but I hate when I can't actually play.
Does anyone else have games they just won't play?