So having @philryuh announce that I won the last weeks Weekly Challenge really has thrown me for a loop. I did NOT expect that to happen. I have just been enjoying being a part of the discussion and learning about what games you all like and making myself tempted with all the possibilities.
That is where my problem lies at the moment...too many possibilities now...I need your help and input on what direction I should go for this giveaway! I have a couple games in mind and also one othe thought I will lay out, but feel free to ask me questions to help me decide or to help you understand what to recommend! I thought about #Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion for a bit but I would play that with my wife and I do not want to take her attention away from #Aeon's End: Legacy and I want to get her started on #Too Many Bones as well so I will wait on Gloomhaven, probably a Christmas list item.
Here are my options right now, not in order:
1. #Barrage - the same guy who said he was interested in Gaia Project when I bought that said he is interested in this one as well. I have looked into before he said that and it seems like an impressive and unique heavy-Euro! It would probably get played 2-3 times per year, i believe it also has a solo mode so I can pull it out when I have that itch.
2. #Age of Steam: Deluxe Edition - I have seen almost every stream that Heavy Cardboard has done with Age of Steam. I really enjoy the mixture of mechanics, with bidding, tile laying, and pick up and deliver being the main focal points. I have trouble seeing this getting played a ton, but it is one of my grail games AND it is currently at a historical low right now because someone on Amazon is selling a used copy lol. I am for sure tempted here, but I see the pros and cons. There are maps you can buy so you can play solo, but it does not come included.
3. #Nemo's War (Second Edition) - This one is on this list this time around because I have a soft spot for creating special moments, and I see the beauty of selecting a purely solo game as my game of choice during the weekly challenge about solo gaming. This has been on my wishlist for a couple months now too and it is just a beautiful game...plus I just bought 20000 leagues under the sea a couple weeks ago so it feels appropriate. The con here is that I feel a little selfish getting a purely solo game lol.
4. A mixture of lighter games that would consist of #Wavelength , #Star Realms: Frontiers , #Tichu or some other games like that. I see the perks of this to add some lighter options to my collection, but the tension here is that I probably could get away with buying these on my own and it is not a big strain on the wallet, plus they can be good christmas gifts ideas, my family does not like spending money on games!
5. #Catacombs 3rd Edition - I hesitated putting this on the list, mostly because it is totally way different than any game I have ever played or anyone in my group or my wife has played! I am going to pitch the concept to her tonight and see what she says, but I just question how much it would get played and how appealling the idea of a one against all game would be for the people I game with! (the poll only goes to 4 options so just vote with your comments on this if you like)
So there it is, all games have their pros, all have their cons. I am a mess because I want them all...I lost my direction once I got Too Many Bones!! I welcome your input!