jeddy lee

TCbH’s Off The Table: Feb 4, 2019 - News, Community & Questions All Under 10 Minutes

Hey everyone! I’ve been doing this show “Off The Table” for the last 4 weeks, and I figured that since I reported about the rollout of the BGA forums in this week’s episode, I might as well post about it. 

Each show, I cram in some headlines and commentary surrounding the last week’s news, some community projects that I’ve been interested in, and try to do it in a way that is hopefully concise, informative, and entertaining. 

To be extra respectful of peoples time, each episode has a full headline list, hyperlinked time stamp, and link to a source where you can find extra information.

My hope is that this will be a feature that people can just pop on Monday mornings, either to watch my wonderful visual aids, or leave on in the background as a podcast. 

Anyway, Id love it if you checked it out and gave me some feedback as I continue to figure out my groove. Here is the most recent episode, or a link to the playlist if you want to watch from the beginning to see the progression from episode to episode. 

3 points by jeddy lee - updated 4 months ago | 4 comments | report | subscribe

trentellingsen 9 months ago | 2 points[-]

Great job! You mentioned you had concerns about usability and navigation. Could you give some more details?

jeddy lee 9 months ago | 2 points[-]

Thanks! Yes, specifics would be best, huh? I was thinking that for some things, the BGG style forum allows me to discovery specific pools of content without being too limited, and the reddit model is more “interesting topic of the day”. The flair helps make it a happy medium but I don’t have so much experience with it so far, so I’ll just have to see. I feel like it may be especially harder to look and browse older posts, but maybe that’s my fear of change getting the best of me. Either way, I’m excited that BGA is just becoming more and more robust as time goes on, and that they are so willing to innovate and make improvements on the fly. 

trentellingsen 9 months ago | 1 point[-]

That makes sense. I can see that it's hard to dive deep on subjects and navigate right now too. I'll look more at the BGG style of forums to get a better understanding of what you're used to and see what the best parts to bring over would be.

rockstar 9 months ago | 1 point[-]

I'm excited for Century: A New World but I haven't played Century: Eastern Wonders either. I feel like I'm in the wait and see mode.