What theme would you say has the most variety of games? Not just the most games, but variery of mechanics, play time, age ranges etc?
Off the top of my head, I would pick pirates. (yeah, todays romanticized version of pirates)
- #Libertalia Board Game - one of my favorite games!
- #Dead Man's Draw - a fun push your luck game
- #Treasure Island - bluffing/deduction
- #Jamaica - racing
- #Dead Men Tell No Tales - coop
- #Loot or #Tortuga 1667 - for large groups
Thens there's too many economic, Pick-up and Deliver, battle, and adventure pirate games to mention. Are there any great pirate games I missed?
Or to phrase the question a more clichéd way: If your stuck on a desert island and can only have games of one theme, what theme would you pick?