philryuh

Board Game Atlas Giveaway (Winner on October 6, 2019)

Now that the winners of the 1st round of giveaway have been selected, we're right onto our second round! (Ends Sunday on October 6, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST).

This time, we're hosting 2 separate giveaways (one here and another one on our social media, with one winner for each).

You will get 1 additional entry for each contribution to Board Game Atlas. Here are some ways to contribute to our community:

• Make a post on our forum or write an article! (click "Create Post" on the forum page and it'll give you a choice of either forum post or writing an article)
  • Comment/reply on posts/articles
  • Refer a friend using this link: https://www.boardgameatlas.com/signup?referral (send this link to your friends and have them input your username under the referral section)

Each contribution is 1 additional entry and there's no limit to your contributions so let's see how far we can go with this second round of giveaway!

You can see the full rules here.

3 points by philryuh - updated 3 months ago | 31 comments | report | subscribe

Skurvy5 Supporter3 months ago | 3 points[-]

I’ll enter again just in case there isn’t a rule about winning twice in a row! This is such a great idea to help a community grow. We all seem like such like-minded gamers here and it’s been really fun to see the community take off and grow. It’s also rewarding to give feedback to a good group of guys and see their website expand. 

philryuh Supporter3 months ago | 1 point[-]

No rules on that (yet). We'll consider putting it in in the future if we start fearing for the life of the consecutive winner xD...

Glad you're enjoying the community because I have been too. Sure is great to have people to talk with on here instead of a ghost town haha. It's fun to build off of each other in not just the discussions but creating this website together too. Tomorrow, Trent also plans to post his first review video of Tiny Towns! He's been working on setting up a studio solely for that kind of stuff so we're pretty excited to show it to you guys :)

sdirrane Supporter3 months ago | 1 point[-]

Well I'll jump in on that chance too.

BenjaminK 4 months ago | 2 points[-]

Woot! I mean, I enjoy being part of this community as it is, but the chance of winning stuff is the cherry on top ;)

philryuh Supporter4 months ago | 1 point[-]

Thanks Ben! Hope you win won soon! At least you won Root a while back (or so I heard). I entered for the same one I think lol

BenjaminK 4 months ago | 1 point[-]

haha Indeed I did :) So I won't be heartbroken if I don't win anything here. It's a good place to be, which is why I stuck around.

Glad you're enjoying it! Let me know if you manage to snag another copy of Root for me lol

If you did win, what would you get? :)

BenjaminK 3 months ago | 2 points[-]

Possibly Scythe? But then again, Dinosaur Island is also wonderful. I think my first instinct would be to go with Dinosaur Island, but I'd consult with my wife first on which one she'd prefer :) 

By the way, this giveaway is completely separate from the one running on our social media! This one is still the $60 one you're familiar with where you choose the game. The one on social media is between the two games you mentioned :)

BenjaminK 3 months ago | 2 points[-]

Oooohh! I thought they were both for the same two games haha Well in that case, I'd get Outer Rim without consulting with my wife first haha Still, Scythe and Dino Island are two awesome games that I still want to eventually acquire :) 

One winner for each! Lol it's funny because Brian (Skurvy5) also thought about getting Outer Rim at first but went with a different (Star Wars) one xD

Skurvy5 Supporter3 months ago | 2 points[-]

I was 52 in favor of additional progress on my Imperial Assault collection and 48 for getting Outer Rim. I went back and forth for a long time. It’s a good thing Phil hasn’t asked me any more questions or I might have considered changing my mind! 

menthabrw Supporter3 months ago | 2 points[-]

Wow there s a give away again, yeah!
You have to comment here to participate? I don t completely get it :)

Yup, we're now running two completely different giveaways (one here, one on social media)

• Social media: will typically involve quick actions for additional entries (tweet, follow, visit one of our pages, etc.) and are focused on growing our following
  • Forum: every contribution to BGA's community will give you an additional entry (make a forum post, post an article, write a comment or reply, or referring a friend for signup, etc.) - for example, if you post 5 times, comment 20 times, reply 10 times throughout the giveaway period, refer 5 friends for signup, you will have 40 total entries. This is focused on growing our community and just adding a bit of a fun element into it.

Let me know if you need any clarifications! The current giveaway will be ending on Sunday so there's still plenty of time :)

Edit: correcting spelling

StanManly 3 months ago | 2 points[-]

Thanks for the chance to win. I'm really enjoying the site.

Thank you for joining! Which part do you like the most so far?

And the most important of all: which board game would you get if you won? :)

MarkW 3 months ago | 2 points[-]

Thanks for the giveaway.  Really looking what I've seen of this community!

Thanks Mark! Have fun with the giveaway and thanks also for joining the community! And please give a ton of feedback (I make a Feedback Friday post every week to get everyone's input but you could also make a post of your own with a personal request using "BGA Feature Request" flair)

JamesReid860 Supporter3 months ago | 1 point[-]

Awesome! Wish I saw this sooner. Any plans for more giveaways? 

No worries, another one starting up tomorrow! :)

JamesReid860 Supporter3 months ago | 1 point[-]

Awesome! I found it :) 

Skyw3rd 3 months ago | 1 point[-]

All I know is, if I win this one it will be a great gift as I start a new job on the 7th. A job I had no idea I'd actually get, but then it happened. It's been a crazy few weeks.

Congrats on the new job! Hope it's not too crazy of a transition process haha. Wish you the best on the giveaway, and at least there's more to come even if you don't :)

Do preorders count? Is there a specific retailer used?    

Never thought about it, but I don't see why not haha. And no, we don't consider a specific retailer, but just has be a reputable source (and preferably one that has good customer service so that in case of a delivery gone wrong, it will be quickly/easily dealt with!)

sdirrane Supporter3 months ago | 1 point[-]

I'm in for round 2.  I'll head over to social media giveaway too.

Is this the same as the last one where it's $60 towards game stuff or is this for a copy of Scythe or Dinosaur Island? I didn't realize at first that there was two separate giveaways.

Yup, same one! (The $60, except one 1 winner this time). Enter the social media one too if you haven't already :D

omeletterice 3 months ago | 1 point[-]

Nice! More chances of winning. 

jahlstra 3 months ago | 1 point[-]

This is awesome! Still pretty new to the gaming community, but it's been such an inclusive and refreshing place. Thanks for drawing me in.

Welcome to the forum! :)

At the moment, which game do you think you'd get if you won the giveaway?