Can you find your destined board games in your initials?
This is inspired by a post I saw on a facebook group!
Can you describe your board game preferences naming two games that start with your initials?
R - #Root
Surely doesn't cover all grounds, but it was funny seeing those two come up as a pair. I really didn't have any others to choose from because soooooo many games that I love don't start with my initials. Either way, it was a fun exercise and those games do include a lot of what I tend to gravitate toward:
- Medium weight (not too simple, not overly complex)
- Not too many moving parts. I love it when I encounter games that are surprisingly deep despite having so few pieces involved
- Tests my strategic and tactical decision-making skills
- Great thematic ties in mechanics
- Great solo mode
- Scales well for 2p count (this is the only category that the two games are NOT ideal for)
I look forward to seeing what you come up with!