Last 5, Top 5 (January 2020)

We're a week into January, so now's a good a time as any to rank the last 5 games you played! I'll start.

1. Tiny Epic Galaxies

2. Tiny Epic Quest

3. Twice as Clever

4. Brikks

5. Codenames: Duet

Because we're traveling, we only mostly have small-box games on hand. Fortunately, there are some great games in small boxes. I love TE Galaxies. It's one of my very favorites. TE Quest is great too, and much better with more people, as there's more going on. Twice as Clever is a fantastic roll and write, and Brikks is essentially Tetris on paper, and is implemented incredibly well. I had never played Codenames: Duet before, but I liked the cooperative aspect of it. Very fun.

Now it's your turn! What were the last five games you played, and how would you rank them against each other? 

Like| 102 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter10 months ago

1. Heaven & Ale

2. Harry Potter: Death Eaters Rising

3. Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle - Defense Against the Dark Arts

4. Unicorn Glitterluck Cloud Stacking

5. Dragon's Breath

10 months ago

What is Dragon's Breath?

Supporter10 months ago

It's a kids game from Haba. Played it with my daughter. Dragon's Breath

10 months ago

Oh, yeah that looks neat. My four-year-old already likes dragons, so he's probably enjoy this one. Always looking for more games for him.

Supporter10 months ago

How is Death Eaters Rising?

Supporter10 months ago

Based on the one play, it's very difficult! I like the design, but there's a lot of luck involved because of the card drawing. Not impossible though. It's pretty thematic and I suspect after a few more plays the strategy will become more clear. I started to get a hint of it towards the end of the play. I'm excited to play it again though. I want to win!

Supporter10 months ago

Can it play solo?

Supporter10 months ago

Hmmmmm.... I suppose you could if you controlled two characters. Not ideal, but could work.

Supporter10 months ago

So not really then. Too bad! I doubt I could convince my wife to play it. 

10 months ago

Arkham horror the card game

space base

skip-bo

dragonwood

star realms

10 months ago

Space Base looks really good. I hear it's similar to Machi Koro. If so, which do you prefer (if you've played Machi Koro)?

10 months ago

I’ve actually never played Machi Koro, but I’ve heard a few say that. I actually bought it because I heard it was similar to Catan with its simultaneous turns and an engine builder/setup similar to Splendor. 

Ive only played once so far, but I liked it! I like having dice, cards and player boards all in one game. Artwork and theme aren’t great but it works since it’s euro-y and it, in a good way, looks like a space cartoon from the 90s

Supporter10 months ago

I haven't played either... But I hear space base is much much better. 

10 months ago

I hear machi koro is really slow. If that’s the case, space base plays quick which is nice

Supporter10 months ago

How long does space base take you? 

10 months ago

I’ve only played once so the first learning game took a bit, but it should be 30-45 I believe. Even if the game takes awhile it still feels fast because of the simultaneous turns

Supporter10 months ago

That is fast. 

10 months ago

It is! I like it.

10 months ago

Arkham horror the card game

space base

skip-bo

dragonwood

star realms

10 months ago

I wonder when they'll impliment Skip-Bo Legacy? haha  I really want to try out Space Base. Everyone who plays it seems to enjoy it.

Supporter10 months ago

Lol. Skip-Bo legacy. 

10 months ago

Haha oh no... I would hate that...

yeah after one playthrough I liked it. Hopefully I’ll have a better grasp soon. I do think it is a little pricey for what it is, however.

10 months ago

Yeah, the price tag is what's been keeping me away. It's not terribly expensive in general, but for what it is...yeah, I can't yet justify it. One day :)

10 months ago

Haha it’s hard to spend $30 for cards! But this title I feel like will go on sale often... I’d say $25 is an okay price point!

10 months ago

I've been low-key monitoring it for sales, so perhaps I'll get it when I find it at a good price.

Supporter10 months ago

I was thisclose to picking up Arkham Horror Card game on a whim the other day. I held off though. 

10 months ago

Haha I’ve been there for awhile until I got it for Christmas!

This was a great replacement for betrayal. Everything Betrayal lacked this game has besides a board haha 

Supporter10 months ago

1. Star Wars: Rebellion 

2. Scythe: Rise of Fenris

3. Star Wars: Imperial Assault

4. Spirit Island

5. Kingdomino

10 months ago

Wow, I'm digging this list! I think that'd be a tough one to rank haha 

Supporter10 months ago

That's some tough competition right there, or was it a no-brainer at all in picking the order?