Feedback Friday! (2020-01-17)

Supporter
BGA

For those who are new, this is a weekly post where you can share your praises/complaints/wish features for our forum, game pages, content, etc. So, have at it and let us know your thoughts!

Also, here's a question I'd like to throw out for this week:

What's your biggest complaint about BGA/what's most lacking? What makes you come back to it? (besides the giveaways of course lol)

Lastly, reminder that the giveaway is ending on Sunday (1/19)! I'm so curious who'll win this one.

Like| 24 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter10 months ago

Ya'll are killing it with the improvements.  Keep up the good work.

Supporter10 months ago

Thanks Scott :D

10 months ago

One thing I noticed, is that on the home page on the phone, the pinned posts at the top don’t change for a long time, and some further in there have been there for awhile. I think it would be cool if it changed a little more often to direct attention to newer content. This is a super minor thing btw 

Supporter10 months ago

Are you referring to the top most featured content that typically has the most recent articles and videos? (displayed in a carousel)

That's a great point. It's been very slow to change now that Trent's putting all of his focus on features instead of content. Maybe we can try mixing things up a bit and display past content that have done well. Thanks!

Supporter10 months ago

This would be a good idea. 

10 months ago

Oh that makes sense! I forgot it was usually his videos up there 😂

the content you guys put out is great (interviews, videos, etc) but I totally understand why it hasn’t been as often. You guys have been putting a ton of work in!

Supporter10 months ago

I know Trent has been busy working on the website but I do miss the podcast and video content. I really really appreciate the website improvements though. So I can understand why he’s taking a break from the videos. 

Supporter10 months ago

I agree with your sentiments haha. We are still continuing the podcast at least (it's just been weird scheduling with the new years and then our times not matching up).

10 months ago

While using my phone, I’m unable to see the full chart of my logged plays. It continues of the screen but won’t let me view the entire chart. I accidentally said I played Catan 6 times instead of marking 6 players (that would be terrible) and I couldn’t edit or delete since I only had a partial view.

10 months ago

Oh but also thanks for the feedback Friday posts! I think it’s a great way to increase the user experience!

Supporter10 months ago

Good catch, I sent a snapshot of how mine looks to Trent! These posts have been so helpful for all of us :D

10 months ago

Sweet! And yeah I bet! Plus you don’t have to search the entire website yourself when you have 1000s of people doing it for you haha

Supporter10 months ago

Oh yeah, we like making you guys do all the work xD

And then I can make Trent do the rest by reporting it to him hahaha

10 months ago

Hahaha yes the resolution master.. 

Supporter10 months ago

I just had a thought as I was looking through a post.  Not sure if this is available and I’m missing it or perhaps not feasible.  I’d love a way to sort the post by the moat recent comment or reply.  Again this might not work I know nothing about running a website. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️😂

Supporter10 months ago

This is what I want to see. 

10 months ago

That’s a great idea! I think that would be really helpful.

Supporter10 months ago

I think "Recently Active" option in the dropdown is what you're looking for!

Supporter10 months ago

I think he means he'd like to see recent comments within a post itself rather than have it sorted by threads and points like it is now.

I often like to see the newest things said in a post and would be interested in a way to view those comments easily, so I'll have to think through it and see if it's something that could be implemented well.

Supporter10 months ago

This would be difficult but interesting because I don’t know how you would display the context of the comments. 

Supporter10 months ago

Yeah that's what I'm talking about.  I mean often times the posts are small enough to get through, but for the ones with many comments it can become a little difficult.

Supporter10 months ago

Ahhhh that makes sense. And I can definitely relate with that @sdirrane. Whenever I see an update on a post I'm not subscribed to, I start scavenging for that comment & scroll back and forth until I find it.

10 months ago

I wish I could go directly to recently active forum page from the drop down on mobile. Right now I have to go to the forum and then use that drop down. I also have to use that drop down after any reply I make. It's not a huge deal, it would just make things easier for me.

I enjoy the forum because it's currently doesn't have hundreds of new threads each day. My favorite thing is the built in prices on the game pages and the price notifications for my wishlist.

Supporter10 months ago

Ohhh I've had a similar feeling lately, especially with how it goes back to the default view sometimes. Will see what would be the most helpful for this one. Maybe it could even be something under "Settings" where you can specify the default view/sorting.

I've been checking out the deals section way more frequently these days and it sure gets more and more dangerous/tempting haha

Linked Topic