Feedback Friday! (2020-08-07)

Owner
BGA

For those who are new, this is a weekly post where you can share your feedback on all things related to Board Game Atlas. You can also find more information in this article where I walk through the various features on BGA.

Here's my feedback for all of you. I've been really enjoying seeing your posts and the discussions created as a result of this week's Challenge! Let's try to come up with another fun one for next week that's easy for everyone to participate in :)

Like| 10 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

3 months ago

Why can't I sort by price in my lists, and why can't I filter the deals pages to only show games on one of my lists?

Owner3 months ago

It's partly due with the way I grab the lists from the database but I'd like to get that ability in soon. I'm currently upgrading the way all the games are displayed when looking up things like mechanics, publishers, designers, etc but next on my task list is upgrading the server so I can do more with the information like the feature you want. I should be done with the display stuff by early next week and will start the server upgrades soon after!

3 months ago

Great, thanks!

3 months ago

How about a challenge to pitch a game idea? People could go into as much or as little detail as they wanted: Could just be elevator pitch or go into a bunch of specific mechanics

4 months ago

I'm still having the issues tagging and mentioning from Chrome on Android. Everything else is awesome! Loving the new search, though I've only tried it a couple of times.

3 months ago

I am having the same issue

Owner3 months ago

It's a hard problem to solve for some reason. It works on my test android device and my wife's but it's broken on 's phone. I've gone through about 4 days of working on it to fix and still haven't found the solution. I'm going to try again next week though :)

3 months ago

Oh man, that's rough, I am sure you will figure it out.

I have managed to find a work around:

• If I type '# :' (I only input '#' but it brings up '# :') 
  • Then I type a couple of letters,
  • Then delete those letters 
  • Then I type the full first word of the game and press space, it then starts presenting options. 

I have no idea if this is helpful to you in solving the actual issue but thought it was worth letting you know

Owner3 months ago

Thanks! I found that on some android phones if you type # by itself, it puts the keyboard in a certain mode that wouldn't work with the autocompleter. I later discovered that if I had it swap for # : then it would work on those particular devices. It seems that Galaxy phones still have an issue though so I do appreciate your experience and how it works for you.

3 months ago

Ah, gotcha. I have a Huawei if that is of any help. Good luck!

Linked Topic