zerotozero

What are you bringing to the table? 3/16/19

Its the weekend and that means time for board games. I have both nights booked with a group of 6 tonight and 4 tomorrow. Tonight we are having a cookout with 3 racks of ribs and sides then we are getting into:

• Nertz
  • Ticket to Ride Old West
  • Sushi Go!

Nertz is because my sister heard of the game Dutch Blitz which is a themed retail version and wants to try it out plus you can work in 6 people if you just use playing cards. Old West board for TTR for the same reason and Sushi Go! because its light and fun.

Sunday night line up is going to be:

• Villianous
  • Ice Cool
  • Forbidden Island

Villianous is one I have had my eye on for a while and figured it would be a good fit for a lighter game. If its a fun one I have my eyes set on the expansion now that its out. Ice Cool should be fun after corned beef and a couple of drinks. What is everyone else playing this weekend?

6 points by zerotozero - updated 4 months ago | 21 comments | report | subscribe

mdoom 8 months ago | 4 points[-]

Last night we had a great session with Dinosaur Island, followed by Spirit Island.  Apparently was an island theme. :-) 

1nf1n1ty 8 months ago | 2 points[-]

I've been playing Agricola Revised Edition and Suburbia on my iPad this weekend. I also broke out and started Choose Your Own Adventure: House of Danger.

I am hoping to get my wife to the table for Z-Man Games The Palaces of Carrara Board Game. I've put on play on this and it is really nice.

zerotozero 8 months ago | 2 points[-]

How is House of Danger? I think my nephew got that for Christmas but I don't know if he has played it yet.

House is an 'ok' solo experience. It is very similar to the old Choose your own adventure books. The choices are sometimes obvious, sometimes not. I am not enamored with it, but I am only through 2 of the chapters. I wouldn't buy a sequel...

zerotozero 8 months ago | 1 point[-]

I'll have to see if I can get him to bring it to the table.

Themed nights can be a lot of fun. Did you break out some leis and Hawaiian shirts?

Those Heroes of games look fun.

Gekey 8 months ago | 3 points[-]

Yes! it reminds me of the old RTS games on the PC I played when I was young

I have a friend who is way into 40k.

I'm curious about Wingspan. I like a lot of their other games, but birds don't inspire me for a theme...

Gekey 8 months ago | 3 points[-]

I must admit the bird theme is not that inspiring. However it's a really solid engine/tableau builder that feels really streamlined and the production quality is top-notch.

philryuh 8 months ago | 3 points[-]

Just received Santorini on sale and really wanting to play it with my wife once our 8 month old falls asleep! 

Oh lucky the only one at my Target was $20 because the box was crushed.

I was so happy when I got the price alerts from here 😁

That's awesome the alerts are working and accurate for you. The game I'm watching is unfortunately going up in price.

Just curious but which game is it? I had one price alert that didn't work out too, either because it was wrong or I missed the sale from checking it too late :(

Probably missed the sale they have been going quick lately even in local stores. Memoir 44 Board Game the base game is what I am after and I missed the last printing.

FirstJohn318 8 months ago | 3 points[-]

Got to play Istanbul, Merlin and Codenames.

tallon.simmons 8 months ago | 3 points[-]

Sounds fun! I’m sure my wife and I will play at least one or two games of Agricola. And I am also hoping to get Lisboa to the table once or twice solo. 

Looks like a good time to me I'm a fan of zman games they just about all seem to be a hit.