Feedback Friday! (2020-01-03)

Supporter
BGA

For those who are new, this is a weekly post where you can share your praises/complaints/wish features for our forum, game pages, content, etc. So, have at it and let us know your thoughts! Late post due to recovering from a cold :)

For this week, I'd also like to throw out this question--how would you feel about me pinning the weekly "What Did You Play This Week" post to be up at the top? A lot of you seem to go back to that post to just update what you've been playing throughout the week, so does it seem better to keep it at the top? I feel like this could be good especially once Trent adds in a feature to allow image commenting so that it's fun to do quick shares of game pictures/moments, while everyone can still choose to do an entirely new post to go into longer details about their night.

On another note, reminder that the current giveaway is ending tonight!

Like| 24 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

10 months ago

As someone who is making an effort to log every play this year, I would love to be able to sort my plays by year rather than the "Last 365 Days" view that is currently included.

Supporter10 months ago

Agreed 100%! Also, under the "Last 365 Days" title, it says "these are the games you played this year" when it's really just showing all of the games I've logged to date (it's including all of my logged plays from 2019 and my one log from 2020).

@trentellingsen - similarly, the "Games" tab on the top bar has an option for "Top 2019 Games". We should change it to be "Top Games" instead?

10 months ago

I think it would be nice to have a notifications button at the top for easy access. As for the post, that might be cool but I don’t have a preference personally.

Supporter10 months ago

So instead of having the current two-click process (on desktop) where you click on your username and then clicking "notifications," are you hoping to see a button at the top instead? Maybe it could be a bell shaped button next to the username?

10 months ago

I noticed that under Topics, Jigsaw Puzzles and Kickstarter are listed twice. One of the Kickstarter topics has 0 posts so removing that wouldn't cause any harm.

Supporter10 months ago

Looks like @trentellingsen will need to add a delete button for the creator of the topic page.

10 months ago

That was me :) I just made the Jigsaw Puzzles topic today, but I was having some issues, so I didn't realize it created it twice. And then I couldn't upload my image to start the discussion I wanted, so it remained empty haha 

Supporter10 months ago

Love the updates. Keep them coming! I like the idea of pinning the played games to the top of the page. Should all of the recurring posts be in a central location somehow? Trades, game recommendations etc?

Supporter10 months ago

If there's a good way to be able to pin them all to the top without taking up so much "space," then that would be great. Let's see if @trentellingsen might have some creative ideas for it. Until we come up with a solution, I think I'll pin the What Did You Play This Week post first, and then see where we could go from there.

Supporter10 months ago

That makes sense. Because it’s true... otherwise it will get bulky

Supporter10 months ago

I like your idea with the what did you play. I was actually wondering if it would be good to do that with the trade post. 

10 months ago

That would be nice so they don’t get lost! 

Supporter10 months ago

Hmmm that's a good point about the trade post too. Will think through this a bit for some ideas.

Supporter10 months ago

It is just that it went up yesterday. And, it is already on page 2. If a guy were to check it as often as I check Facebook, they might miss it entirely. 

10 months ago

I agree with Marsh on both threads.

Keep stuff that will regularly get updated pinned to the top of the forum.

10 months ago

^ Also agree. However, if we get too many things pinned, then it kind of defeats the purpose. So moderation, I suppose :)

Supporter10 months ago

All good points @Marshwiggle92 @Sliddell11 @disom @BenjaminK. Until Trent and I can find a good solution for pinning all of the frequently visited weekly posts without taking up too much space, I think I'll start with pinning the What Did You Play This Week and Game Trade Thursday posts. The Recommend A Game post doesn't seem to get as much traction yet (wait--nevermind, I just looked at the most recent one and since it was buried in page 3, I didn't realize it had that much discussion going on. Point proven haha).

Ok, with that, I'm thinking two things:

1. Keep pinned posts to be 3 posts max.
  2. If that's too much (which I feel like it will be especially when viewed on mobile), we should adjust it so that either we'll keep it to 2 pinned posts max, OR come up with a way to present 3 pinned posts in the amount of space that only 1-2 posts typically occupy.

Supporter10 months ago

Good ideas Phil. 

10 months ago

I had a thought, what if instead of pinning, posts move up to the top once a new comment is added? 

That way, topics that get a lot of comments will naturally be at the top.

Supporter10 months ago

I would like that option for sorting the posts in general. 

Supporter10 months ago

I agree. That way the threads that have the most traction are the easiest to find. 

Supporter10 months ago

Hmmm that's an interesting idea too. It would be nice to have a way of seeing the posts with the most discussion going on, either by what you're suggestion or what @Marshwiggle92 is suggesting.

10 months ago

Could you add an edit option on the play logs page? I would need to delete the play to get it correct if I make a mistake! 

Also could you make it more clear on what data each column is collecting? I was not sure which one was for score or place?

Supporter10 months ago

I was thinking the same things as you while logging my play tonight haha
Linked Topic