Feedback Friday! (2020-04-03)

Supporter
BGA

For those who are new, this is a weekly post where you can share your praises/complaints/wish features for our forum, game pages, content, etc. You can also find more information in this article where I walk through the various features on BGA.

Throughout the upcoming weeks, we'll be continuing to make progress on revamping our game pages, which will cover adding complexity ratings (rules vs. gameplay), possibly an "interaction level" rating, as well as making the mobile layout more intuitive. So have at it and let us know your thoughts on the current state of the game pages and what you'd hope to see the most!

And as always, thanks for making this a great community and continuing to provide valuable feedback.

Like| 20 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

7 months ago

One thing new that is a little inconvenient to get around is the new format for the lists (deals or wishlists). I really appreciate all of the added info, however when I try to quickly scroll through and look at current prices/deals i have to scroll all the way to the right instead of having it right next to the game I’m currently looking at. It would either be nice to have a re-format or a customizable format for the lists to make it more convenient.

Supporter7 months ago

I feel the same way for mobile and let Trent know my thoughts on that as well. I wonder if he has an idea to make it more presentable while still providing all of the important info. I do wish we could avoid horizontal scrolling as much as possible.

Supporter7 months ago

I do notice that it is fine on PC. I imagine/hope that they will look at this when they are working on the mobile friendly features for the site.

7 months ago

It’ll do the same on my iPad too. Not as bad but still makes seeing the prices a little difficult 

7 months ago

One thing I think should be added is a confirmation for deleting comments. I've accidentally deleted a comment a handful of times and it's just kind of annoying. Thanks!

Supporter7 months ago

Fixed! Thanks for the suggestion.

7 months ago

Sweet!

Supporter7 months ago

That is annoying. Should be a quick fix for Trent to make hopefully early this week.

7 months ago

Yay!

7 months ago

Really good idea! This has messed me up a few times...

Supporter7 months ago

That's a good idea. I approve. 

Supporter7 months ago

I have a question.  How is the game score calculated?  I was out of commission when a lot of new things came in.

Supporter7 months ago

Good question. For now, we still use a 5-star rating system for game reviews and take an average of everyone's ratings. This is converted to a 100-point scale system to display the average score.

7 months ago

I also would like to know this! 

Plus I also would like to know if i could take it off on certain lists..

Supporter7 months ago

Could you clarify exactly what you're picturing for this?

7 months ago

I actually just looked at the deals page and it looks great!

7 months ago

Well, I guess it would be nice to either turn on our off certain columns on particular lists. For example on my wishlist I might only want to see the rating and price. As for the deals page I would like the see the lowest price first and then the rating. Not sure if that’s clear enough but hopefully helpful haha 

Supporter7 months ago

By and large, I really do enjoy most of the changes that have been made in the last week. And, I am really happy that @trentellingsen put the "historic lows" section back on the home page. But I do have some ideas/suggestion.

• I feel like that game score is too big and distracting. Would it be possible to leave numbers the same size, but to color the font of the score the color that the box is currently? In other words, consider #Spirit Island. Currently it scored at a 77 in a big green box. Would it be possible to just make the 77 green and not have a big box around it? I do think that would  make it more inobtrusive.
  • About the game weight. I think I remember hearing that we will be able to score the complexity on two different fronts. But, then, those scores will be combined. I really would prefer if you could have the option to see the score broken up, rather than one nice number.
  • I really would like if my logged plays would show up in one of the games' fields. In other words, if I am logged in and am surfing the games..... I would like to have a field that is titled "your plays" or something like that, and that would have the plays I have logged for that title.
  • I would like if the search function could work for users as well. Let's say that I want to message a user I haven't seen anything from for a while. I would like to be able to search for him/her on the main board game search engine.

I love what y'all are doing. Thanks for everything.

Supporter7 months ago

• I can see where you're coming from with the scores since my first reaction to it was also that it's a bit too big. If it becomes a common issue raised by a lot of the users, then I think I could come up with a mock-up of different styles and take a poll or something haha
  • Currently, the plan is to have a single complexity rating displayed but show the individual ratings upon hovering over the single rating. Will see which will be the better direction to go with though once a rough idea is set in place.
  • I'd like to see data from logged plays (mine and maybe others' as well) shown on the game page too.
  • The main search bar used to have the option for looking up users, but we decided to take it off since it was odd to see it come up at the very top of the page when no one really uses it. We're thinking of just adding a search feature in the messages page to make it more intuitive. Another option is that when we implement a feature where you would have a user's mini profile pop up when you hover over their username, it should have a button for direct/private messaging.

Supporter7 months ago

• Yes, don't change the scores just for me. 
  • I think that mostly addresses my concern. 
  • I could get behind having a search function on the message tab. But, I really do want a way to search for individual users. If you want to message someone you have never messaged before it can be real pain looking for them. 
Linked Topic