What did you play this week? (3/29/2021)

(3/29/2021) This is an automated weekly post to talk about the games you played last week.

Fire LikeLike| 67 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

38 days ago

Four solo plays (in one day) of #Cartographers: A Roll Player Tale while in the hotel room in New Orleans.

Premium User33 days ago

This is one of favourites for a quick game!  Did you get in on the kickstarter?

33 days ago

No, I didn't know about it at the time.  I have, however, preordered the #Cartographers Heroes expansion and three new maps with my Miniature Market gift card from the recent BGA giveaway.  So looking forward to them!

Premium User33 days ago

That's great!  I'm looking forward to it too!

37 days ago

Nice!! It is so easy to play that one over and over again.

Premium User38 days ago

Played a few games this week..

#Downforce - First time playing this one. Got in a game on BGA with , , , and . Bob of course won because he never loses. I tried to start a rematch at the request of , but it seems it has been abandoned? As far as my thoughts on this one, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I don't think I'd ever seek out a physical copy as it gives me a similar vibe to #Camel Up (Second Edition).

#Lions of Lydia - Finally the Kickstarter arrived! I may have totally forgotten why it was I wanted to back this game lol. After reading the rules, I taught it to Sarah quick one night. She seemed to have a great time with it which is always a plus with new games. There are loads of expansions that come with it that I'm looking forward to trying.

#Hadara - Played on Yucata with . I was trying to find another game on there that would have a low barrier to entry just to try something different. Sarah and I really enjoyed our real life play of Hadara, but the Yucata implementation seemed to be a big miss for me. It took awhile waiting for turns and I just didn't get any real sense of anything I was doing making any difference. Maybe would be down to try #Underwater Cities when my current 3 player game is over. Really curious to see how that goes at 4.

#Maskmen - I managed to trade away #Res Arcana in the BGG math trade and got #Carpe Diem in return. Really wanted to try Carpe Diem yesterday, but Sarah wasn't feeling up to trying out something new, so she suggested we play Maskmen as we haven't played it in awhile. Just a really enjoyable trick taking game that we definitely have to try to play with more people.

38 days ago

#Downforce was good. I didn't see an invitation to play again, but would be glad to. I understand it better now having played once. 

Premium User38 days ago

Yeah I'm not sure what happened, I just got a notification that it had been abandoned lol. I don't even know what that means..but if everyone wants to play it again, I can try to start another game.

38 days ago

Scott didn't accept so it was abandoned.  Maybe the invitation went into spam or promotions?  Sometimes it does that.  But you can always try it again.  It was just abandoned because not all players joined in time. 

Premium User37 days ago

Gotcha..I tried again today!

37 days ago

ready to start whenever you can join! 

Premium User38 days ago

re: #Underwater Cities - I'm down

Premium User38 days ago

Awesome. Our game I think has one more round so I'll throw you into the next one.

38 days ago

last round so stressful.  I don't think we can catch up to you though.

Premium User37 days ago

It definitely seems that way but still has a ton of end game scoring cards coming his way.

Partner37 days ago

I'm terrible at this game, hopefully I can climb to last place with all my "S"cards! But it is so much fun.... !!

37 days ago

Oh man I was wondering who was buying all those cards... I wanted to get a 2nd one but I ended up not having enough money/moves. 

Premium User36 days ago

I was wondering the same, . I had an end game scoring card that gave points for my S cards lol. Anyway that game was really close guys! I tried telling you lol. I invited you both again along with

35 days ago

How come your cities produced so many more points than mine?  I had way more symbiotic cities than you. 

Premium User35 days ago

If you mean for each production round, cities alone didn't. Looks like you got 10 points for yours and I got 8 for mine. Points production overall you actually had an edge on me but I don't think you overtook me in overall production until the end. I had some from my upgraded tunnels too.

Honestly though I'm still trying to figure out how Yucata does scoring in CoB LOL

35 days ago

Yeah ok I don't know either now.  I was looking in our "Final Scoring" boxes under where it lists all the scoring cards and it says "cities".  You got 34 pts and I got 21 pts.  And somehow also got 14 even though he didn't have any symbiotic cities so I have no idea what that number is now haha. 

Premium User35 days ago

Ooooh I understand what you're asking now lol. At the end of the game each connected city regardless of whether it's symbiotic or not will score points based on the types of buildings you've built on it. It's 2, 3, 4, or 6 points if it has 0, 1, 2, or 3 different types of buildings respectively. So if you have a gray and yellow building on a city, for example, you'd get 4 points for that city whereas a city with 3 yellow buildings gets you just 3 points.

Now go get your calculator and see if the math checks out 😜🤣

34 days ago

OH! I had no idea that mattered.  I have just been building buildings wherever.  I should probably give the rule book a once over at this point haha. 

Premium User34 days ago

Oh great now I'm never going to win at this game again hahaha

34 days ago

You'll still have a chance so long as we're not inviting to play with us.  =P

Premium User34 days ago

Very very true

Premium User35 days ago

Oops, just accepted

Partner36 days ago

We'll find out soon enough if it is enough for me to hold on to last place! 

Premium User35 days ago

I've only played once so I'm sure you'll have the advantage over me, at least