FEEDBACK FRIDAY! (9/13/19)

Supporter
BGA

This will be a weekly post to leave your suggestions and feedback for Board Game Atlas! Some things to think about are:

• Feature requests (be creative, think wild!)
  • What sort of content would you like to see by Board Game Atlas? (we currently do interviews and news coverage. Anything else you'd be interested in?)
  • How can we make your experience here even better?
  • Mention your favorite/least favorite feature
  • Suggestions for industry professionals to interview (designers/artists/publishers/content creators/etc.)
  • Bugs/annoyances

Also, a few updates since last week:

• Slight changes in formatting to show better previews of forum posts
  • Youtube video uploads on the forum can now be viewed directly on Board Game Atlas
  • You can now post images (previously, it was just a regular text-based forum post or a link post only)
  • Upcoming feature (to be added within the next few days): creating polls for forum posts!

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

EDIT: The polls are up! Trent (u/trentellingsen) finished it much faster than I thought haha. We're starting with a basic poll structure first that gives up to (4) options. In the future, if everyone wants it, we can change it to accommodate more options and/or even allowing users to add additional options. Thanks Trent!

Like| 21 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter14 months ago

I had another thought that it would be really nice if our Avatars showed up not just if we publish in the forum but any time we comment in them as well.

Supporter14 months ago

Will talk with Trent about it! I remember going over this with him a while back but not sure where we went with it. We talked about either having the avatars next to the username or the ability to hover over the username and it revealing the user's profile info (a rectangular box, almost like an ID, which will display the username, avatar, their history with the community/level, etc.)

14 months ago

Something I'd like to see is Boardlandia added to the price checker. They're a good place and they have sales codes often.

Supporter14 months ago

Asked Trent about it and he says that he's had a number of people asking about that site too. Will add it to the to-do list for the game page. Thanks for the heads up!

Supporter14 months ago

Everyone has already posted some excellent suggestions! It would be cool to interview some people from Fantasy Flight Games, since I love all of their products. 

Supporter14 months ago

We're you thinking of interview of a designer behind one of FFG's games or talking with FFG from a publisher's perspective? Any game in particular that stood out to you? 

Supporter14 months ago

Honestly both of those options sound really interesting.

I don’t have a particular game in mind, but I would really like to hear if they plan on updating the app for Imperial Assault to include all the released content. 

Also I would strongly encourage them to release one more expansion for Rebellion to include some more iconic ships like B and A wings for the Rebels and TIE Interceptors for the Empire. Would also be cool if they added Thrawn and the other characters from Star Wars Rebels. 

But in general they are such a fun company it would be great just to learn anything more about them. 

Supporter14 months ago

Hahaha well I hope you'll like it because coincidentally, designer Jonathan Ying just agreed to an interview! He has a pretty awesome lineup of games he's worked on:

Let me know if you have any personal questions for him and I'll try to add it onto the end of the interview! Hmm... what do you think about me making a forum post whenever I have an interview coming up so that people can throw in questions for that particular person? And I can have some sort of "Questions from our Users" section at the end?

Supporter14 months ago

I’d love to see forums that are specific to games.  So a basic game page with forums attached to talk about that specific game.

I enjoy gaining “points” “coins” for being a vocal part of the community. 👍🏼

Supporter14 months ago

Trent and I would love to see that happening soon too! Just gotta think about the direction. There's the traditional forum route, or something more innovative we'd like to try, but not sure what it would look like yet. 

We're going to try and come up with other ways to make use of the coin/level up system :) 

What do you think about customizing your user profile with coins? (Spend x amount to change the "background image" to one of the images in the shop, where the shop can also get expanded to include not just avatars but background images of different games, etc. There would be other ways to customize too? )

Supporter14 months ago

I like being able to customize with the coins.  I can't remember how it works over at BGG but I do remember not really wanting to get into customizing my account over there.  I'm glad I feel it's an option here.  How do you decide on what icons to use?  Are there other games you may try to add to badges for instance?  I would love to customize different things down the line.

Supporter14 months ago

For the avatar it's just matter of personal taste! The original "vision" that Trent and I had for them was that we would end up with a library of avatars covering thousands of games so that users can sport specific characters/factions/items/iconography/etc. from their favorite games.

As for adding additional ones to our library, the typical process is me first looking out for games I want to get into our library and then reaching out to the publisher of that game for their permission. I haven't done this for a while though, since we've been focusing more on features. Some of the games I'd LOVEEEEE to get on here are ones that have some quality character designs like Root, Santorini, King of Tokyo, Bargain Quest, etc. I love to get suggestions from our users though, it would make my job much easier (plus, more fun to hear from others)

14 months ago

I'd love to see an interview with Scott Almes. He does all the Tiny Epic games, and I'd love to hear his thought process behind them. 

I think it'd be fun to also interview people who run Facebook groups and board game-centric websites. What got them started, challenges and successes, and the works. My first thought was Dane Trimble, since he owns Everything Board Games, where I am a reviewer (so I'm a little partial haha). But others like Chuck Yeager from the Gateway and Filler Games group on Facebook, Lizzy/Derek Funkhouser from Board Game Spotlight on Facebook, and others would be interesting to hear from, too. Just some thoughts.

Supporter14 months ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely look into them and see if I can connect. You know, I've reached out to one person who's an admin on facebook's The Board Game Group. If you've been a member, you might have heard of Phillip Millman. And if you have heard of him, you might have an idea of why I reached out to him xD

14 months ago

I am part of that group, although I don't frequent it. I have heard his name being tossed around in regards to his Baseball Highlights trophy hahaha

Supporter14 months ago

Yes, I think some people might find it annoying, but I think there are enough people who enjoy his "series," including me. Will see if it's a hit or miss xD... I also have an artist and a cafe owner scheduled for interview.

14 months ago

I jumped into the whole "trophy" thing somewhere in the middle of it all, but I still think it's hilarious. I'll be looking forward to the artist and cafe owner interviews! My wife and I always talk about opening a board game cafe once we're loaded with cash (so never) haha

Supporter14 months ago

I hope it really happens some day. We'll gather up the members here and make a special trip! xD

14 months ago

Deal!  Now to get rich quick...haha

Supporter14 months ago

One thing I'd like to be able to do is post a play of a game with a photo. I've been playing Gloomhaven a bunch and it'd be fun to not only log what scenario I played but a photo of the aftermath!

Supporter14 months ago

That would be handy. I always forget. Or, I just don't bother with it so it would be nice to have that little reminder/call to action.

It would be kinda cool to be able to put an album together toward the end of the year. Like how facebook puts together one for you (too much? xD)

Linked Topic