Black Friday sales?

Do major retailers and online games stores do much in the way of Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales? Would I be better off waiting to buy something to see if it goes on sale somewhere? Or is it kind of a situation where only games most people won't be interested in will go on sale because they're trying to move those?

Like| 15 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Owner13 months ago

Target has surprised me from time to time in the past. I'll share a link with everyone if I see good deals coming up

Supporter13 months ago

I've bought some good games from Amazon on Cyber Monday. But it's always been evergreen stuff that I didn't own yet, Dominion, Carcassonne, Race for the Galaxy. That sort of thing. I don't know what they do for hot games but you can get good deals on classics sometimes.

13 months ago

Ah okay. I'll keep an eye out for some of those, in that case.

Supporter13 months ago

I imagine that they will sell what they want and it might be great, or might be bad. 

13 months ago

Yeah, I'm usually not terribly impressed with the BF/CM deals on games. I find the best deals happen randomly throughout the year, and generally I'm not expecting them. I think Barnes and Noble has the best deals on their 75% off sale. The only problem, of course, is actually finding a game you want.

Supporter13 months ago

I think amazons black friday game deals are usually not the best. But there is usually a 20% off Hasbro and Ravensburger. And also a few great games included.
Miniature Market used to have a major sale before black friday (with crazy prices) I don t know exactly when.
GameNerdz as far as I know does not do black friday but they have a pretty good deal of the day section (they have a 10% off on international Table Top Day every year though (June 1st))
Walmart used to have some good deals and amazon usually is matching their prices :).
The board game selection of Target is not the best, but you can find some one of a dozen games for pretty cheap, they currently have a 25% off of one game promo plus the buy 2 get1free. The best deals they have is in store clearence section and is rare to find something good though.

Supporter13 months ago

I'll need to keep my eyes on MM. Thanks for the tip. 

Owner13 months ago

I've been visiting my local Target for a while. I've somehow managed to visit them only when they've restocked the aisle haha. From what I can see, they start having games on clearance around 3 weeks after restocking.

13 months ago

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on Miniature Market and GameNerdz, as I use those guys anyway. Keeping track of the Target/Amazon/Walmart deals might be tough though!

Supporter13 months ago

I remember watching for sales last year on Amazon and other retailers and being fairly underwhelmed. 

Target did a decent buy one get one 50% off - I used it to pick up a game for the girls and Terraforming Mars for myself. 

13 months ago

That'd be awesome if there were two games I really wanted! Not too likely from Target though...

Supporter13 months ago

I was surprised by how many great games were options in the sale. 

13 months ago

Oh yeah? Like what?

Supporter13 months ago

Lol you are stretching my memory here. I’m sorry I can’t remember all of them but I do remember that I had lots of games that I wanted and had to pick carefully. 

This was online - not in store. If that makes a difference. 

13 months ago

Haha no worries!