Feedback Friday! (2019-12-20)

Supporter
BGA

Got praises/complaints/wish features for our forum, game pages, content creation, etc? Let us know here.

For this week, let's focus on brainstorming cool/fun features for BGA in 2020! Just toss out a bunch of ideas and we can bounce off of each other :)

Like| 11 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

11 months ago

Having an app that allows play updates and game data would be nic.  I don't know how feasilble it is but perhaps some type of local players app or something that might let other Board Game Atlas users know if you're hosting an event in you area or for known activities to be posted.  We have a board game night at a local brewery every first Tuesday of the month here in Denton Texas.  I also host game nights at my house on a regular basis.  

Supporter11 months ago

That would be cool, especially when the community's grown a bit larger. Do your game nights have recurring favorites or do you try to mix it up every time?

11 months ago

Scythe recurs as goes Gloomhaven. I try to do Firefly once a year. Sometimes the number of players drives the game choice a little. My goal this next year is to get Root, Paladins, Tapestry, and Anachrony to the table more. Probably Viticulture as well.

11 months ago

I'd love to see a sync between games played on BGG and here, so if one gets updated, the other does as well. I have no idea what that would take, or if it would even be possible, but that's been a thought of mine for a while.

In the end, I just want to say how much I enjoy this site. I don't have as much time these days to prowl around on the forums, but it's always a great place for me to come for board game discussions with like-minded people. Nice, courteous, and friendly people, too. You guys have done great in cultivating it into what it is, and I really appreciate that. 

Supporter11 months ago

I know @trentellingsen mentioned about making it so that updating your play log on BGA will update your BGG's. I wonder if the reverse will work as well.

Glad you're enjoying and hope the holiday season's been treating you well giving much needed rest and family time!

11 months ago

That'd work for me. I'd start recording them here if that were the case. I love keeping track of what I play, and since I'm here more than BGG, I'd totes make the switch if it updated on both. But since I've already been doing my logging on BGG, I want to keep things consistent. 

Supporter11 months ago

I haven't been logging consistently. But, I do resolve to start in the new year. It would be nice if the platforms could cross-pollinate. Even if I had to manually hit a "sync" button. 

11 months ago

I’ve only been doing it for a couple of years now, but it’s a nice record and reference if I ever need to go back. 

Supporter11 months ago

One think I would really like to see is full app integration. 

I'm looking forward to seeing more users. That is great. 

One year anniversary for BGA is coming up soon. I think it would be sort of interesting to have Trent summarize what had happened in the first year. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know ya'll better in the forum. I've had the privilege of interacting with several of you in private messages as well and those interactions have been positive. 

I'd like to see a marketplace implemented in the next year. I have engaged in a trade with one of the forum users. But, it would be nice to have an official marketplace where trades/sales could financially benefit BGA. 

Cheers for 2020.

Supporter11 months ago

• App would be great--what would be the best part you'd look forward to? I think mine would be seeing improvements on the play log feature that will make it easier to log and take a quick picture and having that picture included into the game pages/make it easily shareable on the forum. Another one would be a better experience with the price alerts feature where there'd be minimal friction between getting notified of a great deal and then purchasing (ok maybe that won't be a good thing haha)
  • It's strange to think that BGA is hitting 1 year - a summary sounds interesting to me too.
  • Hopefully, Trent can make the marketplace happen in the first 2 months :)

This will be a great year!

Supporter11 months ago

App : what you said + increased functionality with notifications for posts/users that you follow, for messages, for price alerts etc.... About play log. One of my new years resolutions will be to start logging my plays again. I will probably be using BGA to do that. So, the smoother that is the better for me.

Summary : whatever ya'll want to do. But I think it would be cool if you could do some sort of special retrospective piece for it while at the same time looking to the future. 

Marketplace: I'm really curious what the best way will be to monetize the marketplace. But I would really like if you could get some decent revenue from it. 

Linked Topic