Root Digital Adaptation Coming This Month (August 2020)

Are you a fan of Root from Leder Games? If you are, do you have trouble getting one of your favorite games to the table?

Well, look no further because Dire Wolf Digital has finally revealed that the highly anticipated digital adaptation of Root is coming this month!

Why I'm excited.

1. Dire Wolf Digital - This studio has proven to produce some of the best digital adaptations of board games and they did a fantastic job with Raiders of the North Sea to not just deliver on gameplay 1:1, but also enhance the experience in a way that plays into the strengths of a digital medium. Take a look at the release trailer I provided below and you'll see what I mean.

2. Root is HARD to get to the table - Root is one of my favorite games but boy it's difficult to get in a play. Due to its highly asymmetric nature, this game really rewards a consistent group that's willing to work out the faction dynamics and enjoy a fun tug of war. And especially with the current state of affairs, I have a feeling that many gamers will be giving this a go.

Release Trailer from Dire Wolf Digital

Additional Info

• The digital adaptation of Root will be available on Steam, iOS, and Android
  • The game will feature only the factions from the base game and it isn't yet known when the other factions will make their debut
  • The available gameplay modes will include single-player, local and online multiplayer
  • Cross-platform play will be available so that PC and mobile users will be able to play together

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Partner13 months ago

I got a chance to play an earlier version of it at PAX East and the interface is pretty slick. Dire Wolf is amazing, and to be able to play ROOT whenever I want is AMAZING.

Owner13 months ago

Yes it is! I think I'll try out a game tonight :)

13 months ago

I'm definintely picking this up. Leder Games can do no wrong. I love Root and I would love to have the opportunity to play it more often. 

Owner13 months ago

Did you end up going for it? Sounds like they're already put in the first patch to address frame rate issues, keyboard shortcuts, etc

13 months ago

Super late on the reply to this, but I did pick it up! I got through only one game so far due to being busy the last few days, but I thought it was an extremely smooth version. I am looking forward to exploring it more. 

Supporter13 months ago

I'm exctied to see more about this once it releases, I hope it actually releases this month, they don't have a lot of time left...

Owner13 months ago

Hopefully this will finally mean several of us here will get in a game together lol

Supporter13 months ago

Early Access starts tomorrow!

13 months ago

Does look like a cool version, may well pick it up so I can try out the game. Have they revealed what kinds of play it will enable? I.e. Solo/ online multiplayer/ pass and play

Owner13 months ago

Just edited the article with more info. It will allow single-player, local and online multiplayer.

13 months ago

Sweet, thanks

Partner13 months ago

shut up and take my money!!!

Owner13 months ago

xD

By the way, do you have any other digital board game adaptations that you've been enjoying?

Partner13 months ago

favorites are Ticket to Ride, Lords of Waterdeep, Scythe, and I have been digging the Roll for the Galaxy app that I got into the beta for

you?

Owner13 months ago

It's been months but the ones I've played and enjoyed the most are Through the Ages and Friday. I have Scythe but haven't gotten into it yet. One I'm planning on buying are #Raiders of the North Sea and #Root!

Partner13 months ago

Oh yea I played #Raiders of the North Sea a lot for a hot minute.   Didn't keep my interst like the othes have

Owner13 months ago

Any idea why it was like that for you? Just curious since it's still something I'm not 100% about buying. It's pretty likely though because I doubt I'll get the physical copy anytime in the near future and I do want to try it

Partner13 months ago

I just like Lords of waterdeep more at the end of the day

Linked Games
Root
Linked Topic