Well, look no further because Dire Wolf Digital has finally revealed that the highly anticipated digital adaptation of Root is coming this month!
Why I'm excited.
1. Dire Wolf Digital - This studio has proven to produce some of the best digital adaptations of board games and they did a fantastic job with Raiders of the North Sea to not just deliver on gameplay 1:1, but also enhance the experience in a way that plays into the strengths of a digital medium. Take a look at the release trailer I provided below and you'll see what I mean.
2. Root is HARD to get to the table - Root is one of my favorite games but boy it's difficult to get in a play. Due to its highly asymmetric nature, this game really rewards a consistent group that's willing to work out the faction dynamics and enjoy a fun tug of war. And especially with the current state of affairs, I have a feeling that many gamers will be giving this a go.
Release Trailer from Dire Wolf Digital
- The digital adaptation of Root will be available on Steam, iOS, and Android
- The game will feature only the factions from the base game and it isn't yet known when the other factions will make their debut
- The available gameplay modes will include single-player, local and online multiplayer
- Cross-platform play will be available so that PC and mobile users will be able to play together