philryuh

Board Game Atlas Giveaway (Winner on November 26, 2019)

BGA
Here's the info for the next round of giveaway!

Starts: Tuesday, November 12
Ends: Tuesday, November 26

You will get +1 entry every time you complete any of these actions to contribute to our community:

Make a post on our forum or write an article
Each contribution is 1 additional entry and there's no limit to your contributions.

You can see the full rules here.

Here are the top 3 contributors from the duration of the most recent giveaway:
  • Marshwiggle92 - 315 entries (15%)
  • BenjaminK - 380 entries (18%)
  • JamesReid860 - 410 entries (19.%)

Thanks everyone for continuing to make this community a great one! And as always, which game will you be getting if you won?

4 points by philryuh - updated 9 days ago | 52 comments | report | subscribe

drscott909 28 days ago | 1 point[-]

Spirit Island, for sure.  Keep hearing great things about it.

removed

Comment deleted.

CatTastic23 26 days ago | 1 point[-]

thanks for the giveaway

HooperGirl 27 days ago | 1 point[-]

And that is a crazy lot of entries!  WOW!!!

philryuh Supporter27 days ago | 1 point[-]

I guess two weeks of solid chattering does build up a lot of entries haha

Ha!  Yes, I can see already how much Marsh responds and interacts, so no wonder!  ;-)

Marshwiggle92 Supporter26 days ago | 1 point[-]

A large part of my work consists of waiting until petty bureaucracy can see me and sign a paper. So, I have a lot of time to see what is new on BGA. 

HooperGirl 24 days ago | 1 point[-]

You should make an account on the other BGA--BoardGameArena.com and play some games while you wait!  They have a big collection of them on there that you can try out.  I love Takenoko and Stone Age.  I am HooperGirl on there too.

Marshwiggle92 Supporter24 days ago | 1 point[-]

I should check it out. Is it PvP or PvAI? 

HooperGirl 24 days ago | 1 point[-]

You play versus real people online either in real time or I usually do turn-based, so the person has a couple of days/hours to take their turn.  You can set games up with different lengths of thinking time.  I usually set it up for the longest option in case I'm away for the weekend or something.

Thank you for the giveaway!  Always so hard to pick!  Right now, maybe Five Tribes?!

MattHoevenaars 27 days ago | 1 point[-]

Always love it when its giveaway time. I've been eying Machi Koro Legacy to play with the family.

xldh 27 days ago | 1 point[-]

Wingspan of course.

BenjaminK 28 days ago | 1 point[-]

I'm considering a bunch of small games (Ice Cool, an expansion, etc.), or something like, oh, I dunno...IMPERIAL ASSAULT (if its cost is below $60, of course). 

Yeah, Chris/Marsh/Marshwiggle92 would've gone for Imperial Assault if it weren't for the price too. Wish I could've just gotten it for him but can't go breaking our own rules haha

UNLESS, we start a special feature on BGA where it's a monthly crowdfunding to ensure every single user on BGA ends up with an Imperial Assault

BenjaminK 27 days ago | 1 point[-]

hahaha Yes! Imperial Assault for everyone! Of course, the crowdfunding would essentially ensure everyone paid for their own copy, so it would kind of defeat the purpose haha 

JamesReid860 28 days ago | 1 point[-]

Thanks for another giveaway! You guys are very generous! 

Marshwiggle92 Supporter28 days ago | 1 point[-]

Aren't they though. I am amazed at how they keep on doing this.

JamesReid860 24 days ago | 1 point[-]

It really is crazy!

I know! Honestly, after the last one I thought they might stop for a while. But nope! 

We'll keep going for as long as possible :)

Glad you all appreciate it!

Skurvy5 Supporter28 days ago | 1 point[-]

I’m in for another attempt! I will have a hard time deciding what to select if I’m fortunate enough to succeed. 

It is always so tough deciding

But it is so fun as well. 

No doubt about that! 

It was easier when I won that one time because I was still collecting the big box expansions for IA. But now I’ve got all of them and there are so many possibilities out there. 

Is this a first world gamer problem? lol

Skurvy5 Supporter24 days ago | 1 point[-]

Definitely. Or just a fact that there are way too many good games out there. 

SO MANY! Not enough time to play them all. I'm constantly finding games that I want to try... and probably won't for a long time. 

Skurvy5 Supporter24 days ago | 1 point[-]

It’s the most dangerous part of our hobby. 

JamesReid860 18 days ago | 1 point[-]

Sure is!

prozzden 28 days ago | 1 point[-]

Good luck!

The gaming fates are fickle, and may well change my mind.  But, if I pull another win, I will probably choose Spirit Island

I've been highly considering this one too! Then again, there are quite a few I've been highly considering haha

This one is high on my list also. 

I have been wanting to get more heavier soloable games in my collection. This seems to fill the bill nicely, and it sounds like my story of game. Of course I might decide to get Wingspan, or Everdell, or something like that. Those are games my wife would be more likely to play. Though she does seem to be pretty content to not be a gamer and just enjoy the few game she enjoys without needing to learn new ones. 

Everdell has a solo mode too! And it looks so cool. One thing I’ve noticed as I’ve gotten a bit older is that a solo mode is more important for me than I originally thought. 

Yes, it is important. I have heard decent things about the Everdell solo mode. Hace you played it? Do you like the solo mode? 

theDL 28 days ago | 1 point[-]

I have it! I've only played the solo mode once but it's a lot of fun! It feels a bit more tense than the regular game for me, as you can't predict what "meadow" cards the NPC will take. The cards in the meadow are available to everyone, and sometimes you can sort of plan around them, but the NPC (called Rugwort) takes them randomly by rolling a die, so you can't predict what will disappear by looking at his tableau and resources. Other than that, I find it mostly plays the same as a standard 2-player game.

I don’t have it, and haven’t gotten the chance to play it. But it’s one of 5 games I would love to get next. 

nealkfrank 28 days ago | 1 point[-]

Ooooo Have you played before?

Sadly, no I haven't. But, I really want too. 

Man that is a lot of entries! Some stout competition this time around!

We try ;)

It is apparent that you did try. LOL. 

LOL!

Woo! Well the last couple I've said I would choose Everdell, but I actually bought it myself, so maybe Viticulture, since it's been recommended to me multiple times!

Everdell is also high on my list. How is it? Have you played it yet?

Yep I have 5 or 6 plays already lol, 1 of those being solo. It's really fun and just an overall pleasant experience. Trying to make the most out of your workers and turns is fun. The art is beautiful and the theme is fun and just feels nice. Most player interactions (there aren't many, at least in the base game) are positive, which makes it a great game to play with the wife.

I did the same thing, I have been saying I would get Brass Birmingham...but I ended up treating myself to the Deluxe version here recently! It just got shipped! I will looking to get Le Havre if I pull one out this time!

Nice! I just looked Le Havre up on Amazon and I'm surprised it's still so expensive after having been released so long ago (relative to the board game world). Holds it's value well so I'm sure it's a great one!

I would buy it through one of the sites hear on BGA! They have some options for 55ish bucks. Definitely hard to come by.