This site prioritizes game information. Would you like to keep that way or would you want to priortize game prices? Prioritize PricesPrioritize Information

(Change this option in the future in the Account dropdown)

Feedback Friday! (2020-02-21)

Owner
BGA

For those who are new, this is a weekly post where you can share your praises/complaints/wish features for our forum, game pages, content, etc. So, have at it and let us know your thoughts!

Also, I apologize for the late post! I've been MIA since Friday because my wife and I were celebrating our 5-year anniversary (we got to play #Atlantis Rising (second edition) and will be giving a report on that today).

For this week, I also want to  throw out some questions on the play log feature--what sort of features, data inputs, statistics, etc. would you want to see? What would make you want to log your plays more or to share them with others?

Like| 17 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

10 months ago

My first comment is: thanks for asking. A great idea to ask folks what they think. Keep it up. 

Owner10 months ago

Appreciate the comment! It's worked for us so far and everyone seems to enjoy the community-built feel here. There are so many creative ideas suggested and it's awesome that we get to work with everyone to make things happen together.

10 months ago

Congrats on your anniversary. . 

Owner10 months ago

Thank you! :) We didn't get to do a whole lot but it sure was a relaxing one.

Partner10 months ago

One feature I wish BGA has was a recently visited games sidebar (or somewhere). Sometimes on BGG, I visit the same game often if I'm checking forums, images, or files on it. Usually, something that I'm currently playing. It would be nice to be able to quickly click back to the game line page without having to search for it. 

Owner10 months ago

That would be good, I definitely use that on BGG every now and then. I also wish that when you search for games and click on one of the options, that it would jump right onto the game page instead of landing you on a page with other related products.

Supporter10 months ago

I'd love to be able to customize colors on my play logs, so different colors for different games.  Pie Charts!  I love me some pie charts.  I'd also like to be able to sort it out by year. 

Owner10 months ago

Sure hope Trent can get to the play log feature soon. Would make the process so much more enjoyable. Currently, I'm using it more out of commitment to BGA xD

Supporter10 months ago

Yeah, there is definitely some improvement from when I first joined the site.  Right now for me it's just to see if I hit my mark of what I'm hoping to get played this year.

Supporter10 months ago

After reading the comments on this post https://www.boardgameatlas.com/forum/s9wgG3HACZ/what-game-would-you-love-to-pick-an-avatar-from I am also requesting that @trentellingsen give @philryuh permission to add avatars. 

Owner10 months ago

Yes! I want to sport a #Root ASAP :)

(looks like your copy of Root will be arriving on Saturday)

Supporter10 months ago

I'm excited. That means I'll see it in just a few weeks. 

Supporter10 months ago

Hope and trust you had a good weekend with your wife. 

Looking forward to your report on this beautiful game. 

About the play log feature :

• I would like to see a pie chart showing your plays. 
  • I would like to be able to craft some sort of challenge, be it a 5x5, a 10x10, a 5x20 or whatever and have a chart that shows my progress with said challenge. 
  • I would like to see plays appear on the game page, as in #scythe has 10265 logged plays since ____..... 
  • I would like to be able to sort games on the game page, and on the collection page by most /least played. 
  • I think it would be cool if you would rate each play, then that score would be averaged against your previous scores to form a rating for a game, a rating that can change with time as you play the game more. 

These are some random ideas. I like what y'all are doing. 

Owner10 months ago

Thank you! I should have something written up to share at least by next Monday :)

Ohhh I love the idea of creating challenges. Lots of cool suggestions on the additional info.

Supporter10 months ago

Well. I'll still be looking forward to it.... 

10 months ago

• Challenges would be cool!
  • Coming from someone who does data visualization for part of my job, pie charts are rarely helpful. If there are more then 2 or 3 categories, it's hard to gain any useful insights. Bar/column charts are usually better for communication information quickly. They're just not as cool looking haha

Supporter10 months ago

That makes sense 

Linked Topic