Feedback Friday! (2020-07-10)

Owner
BGA

For those who are new, this is a weekly post where you can share your feedback on all things related to Board Game Atlas. You can also find more information in this article where I walk through the various features on BGA.

I should share some updates as well. We've added a flair that indicates when a user is new! So if you ever see a user with "new user" flair next to their username, please welcome them by replying to their comments if no one has talked with them yet :)

Also, our office currently has piles of games designed by @trentellingsen back when he took a stab at making a Kickstarter hit. We've been thinking about what to do with all of these copies for #Last Stand, #Hangry Thief, and #Enfutown Bumpers and we decided to give them away! They all hover around the family/2p/light weight genre so it might not fit your preferences, but it should have some novelty value to it since it's by the CEO of Board Game Atlas ;)

Lastly, Trent was suggesting maybe I could try making video content in the future. Honestly, sitting in front of a camera really isn't my thing. But, if you could think of some ideas on content that's suitable for me based on what you know about me, feel free to let me know!

Have a great weekend and I hope you get some gaming time in. I failed at tackling #Pax Pamir (Second Edition) yesterday so I'm working on it right now haha

Like| 15 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

4 months ago

Being on video can be difficult, but you do get used to it. If you're up to it, I'm sure we'd all love to see you make some! Maybe you could start by just talking about some of your favorite games, themes, etc. Something you'd be comfortable talking about anyway. 

Premium User4 months ago

Looking at the expansion discussion I think it is useful to be able to classify a game as an expansion and link it to the main game. You could use that info in the logging a play screen as well. 

Owner4 months ago

Better ways to handle expansions has been an item that's been on our list for a while. It's definitely something that we'll be revisiting.

Premium User4 months ago

Sweet.  Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.  

For play logging it would be great to be able to select a game and then have the expansions show up with checkboxes beside them or something so you could simply select the expansions you played with.  

Supporter4 months ago

The one video that we made never got posted! That’s my feedback. 

Owner4 months ago

I hope that video is even around :(

With all of the lag that happened on my end, I wonder if it's even presentable....

Supporter4 months ago

Guess we just need to do it again!

4 months ago

I second this!

Premium User4 months ago

I wish I there was an option to exclude expansions from my owned list. Also it'd be nice to have an option to show any list as a tile grid and export that as an image. Right now, if I want to show off my collection, I need to give people a link and they need to scroll through the whole list.

Owner4 months ago

On the all games page, there's a button for excluding expansions. Are you wanting to see something similar for the user list? And I agree, a way to show off your collection in an easier way would be nice.

Premium User4 months ago

Yes, it would be nice to be able to filter my lists using the same criteria as the All Games list. And a snapshot of my collection/wishlist, I'd love to be able to just pull it up on my phone on a single screen.

4 months ago

I actually made a separate list called "Owned Expansions." Solved any issues I had with the Owned list.

Premium User4 months ago

Does that exclude expansions from the owned list?

4 months ago

I just removed them from the owned list

Supporter4 months ago

Let us know how Pax goes.... LOL. 

I would like to see you on video, but, not if it takes away from some of the other really cool content you have been doing lately. 

Linked Topic