Feedback Friday! (2019-12-27)

Supporter
BGA

Ok, so I forgot to make my usual Feedback Friday post so I'm making it now haha

Pardon the title because I'd rather keep things consistent and it's going to bother me having one post that sticks like a sore thumb!

For those who are new, this is a weekly post where you can share your praises/complaints/wish features for our forum, game pages, content, etc. So, have at it and let us know your thoughts!

I also like to throw out a question to get discussion going, and here's this week's:

How do you feel about the current lineup of weekly "automated" posts? Is it helpful for starting up discussions? Are there any we should change, add, or get rid of? Below are all of the weekly posts.

• Monday - What Did You Play This Week by BGAForumBot (I'll give you a special avatar some day buddy) - seems like the number of comments on this post has been going up with every week so our bot is doing a mighty fine job on this one.
  • Tuesday - Questions for Our Next Podcast by me - I need to do a better job being consistent with these posts or make it automated haha
  • Wednesday - Nothing
  • Thursday - Nothing
  • Friday - Feedback Friday posts by me and Kickstarter Roundup by BGAForumBot

Many users have requested @trentellingsen to add a weekly post for trades/marketplace for our users. If added, this will only be a stopgap until the official Marketplace feature is added onto BGA.

Like| 20 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

11 months ago

The bot posts are helpful for conversations, I like them. The upcoming posts also sound good!

As for things I would like to see:

-Messages Button: would be nice to have a separate notification on a separate button that is more accessible to reach.

-Better User-Follow Feature: it is really hard to find users and follow them. Also, after following a User I don’t know what it actually does? Since I don’t get notifications about posts or other activity.

Other then that I really like the website!

Supporter11 months ago

The initial version of following was made about 7 months ago and doesn't work anymore which is why it's hard to find the follow user feature. It'll be something I update and will properly notify you of user posts soon though!

I also like the idea of further separating the notifications from messages so that it's easier to go through new messages.

11 months ago

Cool thanks so much! Looking forward to it!

Supporter11 months ago

I think the community posts that you guys and the bot do are very helpful in generating discussion. I really enjoy the What did you play this week post. It is nice to see what others are playing.

No other feedback for the moment.

11 months ago

I’ve noticed it isn’t super easy to post a picture in a comment, or maybe I just don’t know how to do that haha

Supporter11 months ago

Have not tried to do that yet, but looks like we can't yet according to Trent. But should be a good feature when they do get it added.

11 months ago

Yeah, then I could send the picture I promised about the game storage! Haha

Supporter11 months ago

Well I do appreciate all the effort you have been through. 

I will wait patiently. It's the thought that counts. :)

11 months ago

Haha thanks man!

Supporter11 months ago

Right now it's not allowed. But @philryuh has been making some good points why we should add it so it's on my list of upcoming features.

Supporter11 months ago

That is awesome news 

11 months ago

Sweet thanks so much! I’m really looking forward to all the future updates!

Supporter11 months ago

I think I’ve mentioned this before but I’d love for users to be able to share a photo of what they played in the “what did you play this week” post.  I know I like seeing what people are up to.  Not sure how feasible it is with keeping people from abusing the policies.

Supporter11 months ago

I like the idea as well. 

Supporter11 months ago

I think a automated trades sales post would be a good idea. I would idealized such a post being solely for the games that are available. In other words if I see something I want, I don't comment on it, I dm the user who listed it. Any arrangements, wheeling/dealing.... Would happen through private dm. At the time the game is no longer available the listing should be removed. 

You could maybe do trade Thursday. 

Supporter11 months ago

I've updated the bot and it should start it's first post this Thursday.

Supporter11 months ago

Wow, that was quick work. 

11 months ago

Dang so fast! Thanks so much!

Supporter11 months ago

I like that. Let's do it!

11 months ago

Yeah this is a great idea, also something to help facilitate the trade process.

Linked Topic