This site prioritizes game information. Would you like to keep that way or would you want to priortize game prices? Prioritize PricesPrioritize Information

(Change this option in the future in the Account dropdown)

Shaking Up Your Top 5

Owner

What are some games you haven't played yet (or only played once) that have the highest potential to break into your "Top 5"?

Here's my list (I haven't played any of these games but I've done plenty of research):

Heavy contenders to break into my Top 5

• #Too Many Bones - I love character progression, dice chucking fun and thrill, combat, and variable player powers. Has the highest potential to become my favorite solo game
  • #Star Wars: Rebellion - I prefer simple but deep gameplay that plays under 2 hours because it's the best compromise when life throws you a baby. I really do enjoy epic experiences though and I think both my wife and I would love playing this as an event game (don't get me wrong, I love my son! lol)

Heavy contenders to break into my Top 10

• #Nemo's War (Second Edition) - Could easily see it breaking into my Top 5 for solo gaming, but for overall, I could see it breaking into my Top 10. Again, I like rolling dice, and deeply appreciate thematic gameplay
  • #Star Wars Imperial Assault - Star Wars is one of the rare sci-fi IP's that I feel somewhat of a personal attachment to. My wife enjoyed it a lot when I introduced the new trilogy to her (let's not go there) and I can see us having a lot of harmless fun taking down the baddies together. Aspects such as longish setup and the need for an app will likely be the biggest drawback/hurdle that could make it a hit or miss
  • #Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar - I mentioned earlier that I appreciate simple but deep gameplay. #Concordia fits this criteria so well and I wonder where I'd place Tzolk'in. I could see it becoming my favorite worker placement, perhaps even more than Viticulture, but I still haven't tapped into the full potential of playing Viticulture with all of the modules from #Tuscany: Essential Edition
  • #Keyflower - I love encountering new mechanics and the bidding mechanism of Keyflower is something that I'd love. Plus, I've always wanted a tile laying game. I can't quite see how this would not go well for me and my wife

LoveLike| 187 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

2 months ago

I'm hoping #Aquatica makes a splash into my top 10 when I receive my preorder.

#Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar #Concordia #Whistle Mountain are all high on my holiday shopping list and I could see any of them making the top 10 if not higher.

Number one on the list though is #Inis I could see that easily making the top 5.  I really enjoy games that mess with the win conditions.

2 months ago

Lol "when life throws you a baby" I haven't heard it put that way but I'm going to use it from now on

Premium User45 days ago

You better catch it!

44 days ago

That's the dad's job lol

Premium User44 days ago

Yeah I guess there are a lot of videos out there with the dads catching babies on instinct 

2 months ago

I do so much research on my wishlist to the point I feel I've already played the game. So based on games which I've done limited research on that stood out a bit:

#Namiji - #Nemesis - #Dale of Merchants - #Lisboa - #Tidal Blades: Heroes of the Reef

Owner2 months ago

I could see Nemesis and Dale of Merchants taking a high place on my list too. And despite the not so enthusiastic review of Tidal Blades fom The Dice Tower, I've seen a lot of positive takes by users on reddit and facebook groups.

Have you acquired any of them yet or plan to?

Premium User2 months ago

What's Dale of Merchants about

2 months ago

I could see myself eventually adding Namiji (Tokaido sequel) and DOM to the collection. Nemesis could be a possibility down the line.

2 months ago

#Carnival Zombie. Heck, it could be my #1 game if I ever get my hands on it. Just looks like a super fun cooperative game, and I love cooperative games(and zombie games)

#BattleLore. I love #Memoir '44 and I love medeival fantasy, so I would probably like Battlelore more, which means it would likely place #2 or #3.

And possibley #Twilight Imperium 4th Edition. It looks so grand and I love epic wargames.

Owner2 months ago

If I ever got to play TI4, I'm sure it would be in my Top 10 haha. What exactly is Carnival Zombie about by the way? It was my first time hearing of it when you and another user mentioned it.

2 months ago

I think it's technically a tower defense zombie game. You go around an overrun city between surviving waves of hordes of zombies, plus boss encounters. This is a small bit, but when you kill zombies(represented by cubes) you drop it on a small tombstone board, and any cubes that fall off are immedieatly put back into the games. Just everything sounds really fun in this games. The second edition is on Kickstarter which looks amazing, and would totally get it if not for my fear of losing money on Kickstarter

Premium User2 months ago

That does sound pretty sweet. When is it/was it supposed to fulfill?

2 months ago

Oh it was fulfilled like over a year ago. The creators keep on delaying it, but I'm sure it will come out sometime during the first half of next year

Premium User2 months ago

I can see why you'd be overly cautious then. That's a long time to wait.

2 months ago

Yeah I'm going to try to wait as long as I can

2 months ago

I like this question! Hmm, I could see #Dale of Merchants and #Dune: Imperium breaking in. I kinda think they'll end up in top 10 territory and not top 5, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Premium User2 months ago

You too , what's #Dale of Merchants? And don't give me your vague #Glen More II: Chronicles answer haha

2 months ago

Haha, it's a deck builder with an interesting twist that you actually need to destroy your deck in order to win the game. The theme is anthropomorphic animals all trying to build the best "stalls" at a market (to sell their wares). You have to be the first to build your 8th stall.

Stalls are made up of cards from matching decks in ascending total values. So you need to build a stall with value 1, then one with value 2, all the way to 8. So you're building your deck with good cards that have cool abilities and can combo in interesting ways, but eventually you have to pull those cool cards out of your deck in order to build a stall.

It's super cool because each iteration comes with 6+ new decks, and you can mix and match to get the type of game you want that particular day. If you go all in like I did, you're getting I think 27 different decks!

Premium User2 months ago

That sounds dope. I'm about to go watch a couple reviews. Thanks for the actual answer this time LOLOL

2 months ago

Haha! You'll have to let me know what you think about it

Owner2 months ago

Ok, this really does sound cool and one that I might consider introducing to my wife in the future. Will have to check out a play through this week. 

2 months ago

Nice! Quackalope has a couple of playthroughs I believe.

Premium User2 months ago

I'm with you there Phil

Owner2 months ago

I could see #Dune making my Top 10! I don't have a group for it though so it'll be a while until I find out. I like what I've seen of #Dune: Imperium so far and I'm looking forward to trying it out with Trent. Glad to say that the playthrough looked a whole lot more promising than I thought it would. I wonder how often your group will want to play Dune vs. Dune Imperium too.

I was trying to recall your Top 5 games and I actually got it right! lol (I typed it out to ask but noticed you had them listed when I hovered over your username)

2 months ago

Haha, yeah I think everyone should put their top 5 in their description!

I think the majority of my group will still want to play the big game more than Imperium, as several of them are very theme-driven, and Imperium is more Euro-ish. But we'll see!

2 months ago

Yeah, Dune sounds great and I'm sure it'll place relatively high on my list aswell