Z-man games, one of the prized publishers in the Asmodee umbrella and the body managing the #Pandemic and #Carcassonne franchises, put out an op-ed piece that is to be the first in a behind the scenes series. Here is the description of the article written by “second-in-command" Justin Kemppainen:
Though growing quickly, sometimes the board game industry can still seem a bit mysterious. How are games made? Why do publishers make the games they do? How do reprints work? Well, we’re starting a new series of behind-the-scenes articles to break through that fog of mystery. Keep an eye on our website for future articles and let us know what you’d like to learn about!
Highlights from "What Even is Z-Man Games These Days?"
- Why They Need To Focus on their franchises
- How they avoid the “Another Pandemic clone?!” impression
- Still have #Love Letter and Just released #Cryo
- Working on an Adventure Book Game based on a Plaid Hat IP
- They want to define what a "Z-Man Game" is