5. #Res Arcana - this is #5 because I think it has the highest chance of getting regular play from this list. It looks like such an interesting game, but I don't know if the people I play with would actually enjoy it after trying it out.
4. #Apex Theropod Deck-Building Game - for most deck-builders, I feel like you'd need someone to play with semi-regularly to get the most out of it, and can pretty much guarantee that my wife wouldn't be into this, so I don't think I should buy it. It looks really cool, though.
3. #Baseball Highlights: 2045 - this I could actually see getting played, even with my wife, but I'm really the main baseball fan in my group, so I worry that this could be a one and done with my friends.
2. #Sentient - I love the look of this game. It has awesome components, especially the dice, and it seems like a nice puzzley game, but I don't think my wife would be too into it, and it's probably a bit too abstract for my friend group, who generally lean toward more thematic games.
1. #Paperback / #Hardback - I am definitely the only person who would want to play this. Deck building word games? I'm really the only spelling/word nerd in my group, aside from my sister who doesn't play many games.
Anyone else have a list of games like this that you're afraid to buy, or just flat out know you shouldn't buy because no one would play them with you?